“Multi-ethnic mmmmmm!”

Price range: US$11 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We welcome you to our family owned and operated Indian Restaurant. At Saffron, we source the best ingredients and grind our own spices in house, which give our food a fresh and unique taste. Our hard work and our pure dedication shows in our great tasting food and positive service. At Saffron, we pride ourselves as a true family friendly restaurant. We open our hearts and doors for you and your family.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Multi-ethnic mmmmmm!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Went every night during the writer's festival. Do the butter chicken, but try pretty much anything and you'll be pleased. Great staff, prompt service... oh, and fantastic desserts (choose any, you can't lose!)

Visited August 2013

“Best butter chicken of our lives....yum”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Food was soooooo fresh, delivered to our door for a small price. The butter chicken was to die for and we eat it often so this was a bonus to find such great Indian food on our vacation. We would order here again! Very friendly staff as well, the delivery guy was great!

• Visited August 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Tasty, but stingy”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Service was pleasant enough, but more attention needs to be paid toward food portions & general maintenance.

My partner's meal, (coconut prawns with rice, $11), came with exactly 4 prawns, which were not even that big. My own $17 meal was thali, consisting of rice, naan & my choice of 3 different curries. I summoned up the courage to catch the server's eye, so I could inform them that there were NO lamb pieces in my lamb vindaloo.... only sauce. They brought me some lamb in a small dish, so that was OK. My coconut lamb was also mostly saucy, with a few tiny slivers of meat. The butter chicken had the tiniest, 1/2 inch, dice-size cubes of chicken I had even seen served in this dish, but at least they were there.

All in all, flavourful food, but it is unreasonable to charge $17 for a total 2-3 tablespoons of meat, or $11 for 4 shrimps with plain rice. Your job is to keep customers happy, & we want your business to continue to succeed, as this is a clean restaurant, with polite & friendly service.

The bathroom was almost completely dark, with burned-out bulbs. Surely, it does not take that long to change a bulb, does it?

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank H S
Oakland, CA
“Diverse tasty cuisine”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Returned five years later what else need I say. We love Indian food and our friends like anything but so what a find to offer Indian, Italian, Pizza, burgers and Greek all well prepared. The food is well done, tasty, authentic and the staff are delightful. And I live in the gourmet ghetto in SF Bay Area so I have lots to compare to. Portions are ample and the price is right. What more to say... Try the butter chicken.

• Visited June 2013
Sechelt, Canada
“Curry on the Coast”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This little restaurant came up withe best curry we had enjoyed in a long time. The menu was varied and every dish we were served was excellent. We especially enjoyed the Coconut Prawns. The restaurant is located in the Trail Bay mall and so there is not the spectacular view that the Sunshine Coast is famous for. However, the quality of the curry here certainly makes up for this. We went as a family outing and the atmosphere was very relaxed The Sunshine Coast does not boast many ethnic restaurants so this authentic Indian restaurant is a much appreciated delight. I should mention there is also excellent pizza and burgers on the menu.

• Visited June 2013