“Great Dinner ... with a view”
Review of Blue Heron Inn

Blue Heron Inn
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Sechelt
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dinner ... with a view”
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

I was recently on the Sunshine Coast for a vacation and the Blue Heron Inn was recommended as a nice place for an evening dinner. They did not disappoint.

I sat outside on the deck to enjoy the evening and an unobstructed view of the water.
Had the opportunity to speak with Gail, one of the owners who was very pleasant to chat with.
Enjoyed a nice glass of wine with the seafood trilogy dish (loved the two dish concept for serving) and blueberry tart for dessert.

Dinner was well prepared, plated and flavourful !!
Will be back on our next visit.

Visited August 2013

Vancouver B.c. Canada
“Sumptuous Meal in a Spectacular Setting”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had a superb meal at the Blue Heron last Sunday. Our appetizers of scallops wrapped in prosciutto and steamed muscles were beautifully prepared and delicious. We had main courses of lamb and duck. We have never had either better prepared than at the Blue Heron. The crème caramel is the best I've ever had even in a three star restaurant in Paris and the blueberry tart was also tasty. The husband and wife team who own this restaurant deserve kudos. Manny is an award winning chef and Gail supervises the dinning room charm and grace.
The restaurant environment is pleasant and comfortable and the setting on the Sechelt Inlet is spectacular. It is a delight to watch the setting sun while enjoying a wonderful dinner.

Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I had a lovely dinner here in August. We were staying at Tranquility Bay B&B and had a package, which included a $50. certificate for this restaurant. We'd passed the Blue Heron many times in trips to Sechelt and had wanted to try it out.

It was a beautiful evening and we had an outside table for two overlooking the water and mountains. Both the food and service were excellent. I had the Dover Sole and my husband the Black Cod. Portions are large and fresh and are accompanied by an amazing onion bisque soup or caesar salad. The soup was a favorite. We also had the special appetizer of the day - fresh clams in a tarragon sauce. So good!

We would highly reccomend this restaurant. The prices were very reasonable considering the quality and quantity of food. The staff were wonderful. The owner even comped us a bag of ice so we wouldn't have to go to the store to find some (which we needed for our cooler). Very nice touch indeed.

1 Thank marilee_ps
Vancouver, Canada
“We loved it!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We spent a week in Sechelt for vacation and I booked this place for my husband's birthday dinner as it seemed special. We were both super happy with our meal here and the service was pretty great too.
I ordered the pistachio crusted halibut and my husband ordered the duck. We both got the mushroom soup to start and oh my gosh, I could eat 5 bowls of that! The halibut was also quite good and the sauce on it was super tasty. The veg and potato served with were simply but perfectly cooked. We both cleaned our plates.
For dessert we ordered a chocolate dish and the house made ice cream. They knew it was my husbands birthday and brought out dessert on a special birthday plate which was really sweet.
Will definately come back!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank smmcisaa
“August 2013: Avoid this restaurant as they use frozen meats and seafood.”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife and I decided to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary by having dinner here. We quickly realized how much of a mistake we made by choosing this restaurant.

The dining decor is very much dated and appears something out of the 1980's. We were seated at the window for the fabulous view but was ruined by multiple cracked windows and cob webs with spiders hanging over them. The menus presented to us had food and oil stains on them as well.

The staff were very unprofessional and could be heard loudly talking about their personal issues to each other at the nearby bar.

We ordered the artichoke neptune with fresh shrimp and crab. The plate was very disappointing as it arrived with toasted day old bread, artichokes were pickled and from a jar, shrimp tasted previously frozen, and pollock was used in lieu of the fresh crab as described in the menu.

The main course was even more disappointing as it was very evident that my wife's steak was previously frozen - gray in color inside and out as per medium rare. I had a chef's special with steak and lamb chops and encountered the same issues. Steaks lacked grill marks and appeared oven roasted.

Total bill came out to $130 after drinks and my reluctant tip. Never again... Avoid this place. Someone please call Robert Irvine and/or Gordon Ramsay for a restaurant makeover!

6 Thank rbtang