“Great service, food and well, you can't control the rain.”
Review of Blue Heron Inn

Blue Heron Inn
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Sechelt
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We emailed Gail before hand and managed to find a time that would work for both of us. So Saturday night was arrive and Gail walks up and calls me by name. It was great to meet and really Gail came by all night to say hi, make sure everything was okay and when we left she was otherwise engaged, but all of a sudden there was someone at our car window. She came out in the rain to say goodbye. We left laughing.

We were relaxed from two days of wandering the woods and ending our days in the hot tub with wine and dinner ordered in. This was our night out. We opted for a window seat and enjoyed watching the eagles and seagulls on the waterfront.

We started off with the Raspberry Martini and we each tried one of the appetizers. Wow, really good and very generous. Already I was thinking I won't be able to eat my dinner. The second course was included. Soup or salad. We both had the basil tomato soup and it was really good.

The main course was just as good. This is a restaurant that specializes in seafood, but I am not a big seafood fan so I went for the rack of lamb which was done just the way I liked it. My husband chose the three meat special. Our veggies were el dente and on a separate plate. I was right I could only eat half my meal, which I did slowly and happily.

I was sorry about that when the desserts were described. Each made fresh on the premises. We had to pass.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Absolutely the best place to eat on the Sunshine coast. The Owner is friendly and very personable and will greet each guest as though they were family. The food is to die for and the view is exceptional. Highly recommended if you want to impress someone with a fine Palate.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary, seated outside with the wonderful view over the Sechelt Inlet, watching the wildlife and seaplanes come and go. Staff gave just the right balance of attention and space. We had a cocktail, appetizer and main course each (the main course also came with a soup or salad). The food was pretty good for the price point, though not exceptional. The prosciutto wrapped scallops were delicious, though. We both had the mixed grill special for our main course and I've honestly never seen so much meat (lamb, steak, pork) on one plate...there was no way either of us could finish it or think about dessert. Wine selection was decent - small list, but all good wines. The main point is that it's one of the most romantic places to go for dinner on a sunny evening around these parts.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The menu is based around locally available food where possible. It is short on vegetarian options, so call ahead in advance. Even without warning we DID get a nice pasta entree for the vegetarian in our party. I had a mixed seafood entree with salmon, scallops and prawns and each was perfectly cooked. Desserts were decadent. Wines are moderately priced. Cocktails are available as well.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I were on the Sunshine Coast for 5 days to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We ate here one evening and the meal was so delicious we went back again two nights later. I thoroughly enjoyed the seafood special and my husband the meat (beef, pork and lamb) special. Our favorite desert - the chocolate ganache. mmmmmm, yummy. The service was also very good, friendly servers, and quick, yet not rushed service.