“Amazing”

Surrey, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I tried out this restaurant ( reservation is a must). The service was amazing ( thank you Gail) and the food was outstanding. The view is spectacular!! If we found this place sooner we would have been there every night.
We are from Vancouver and we pick this restaurant over any fine dinning restaurant in Vancouver. We will be back !!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank AMDDJR

“Dining at its best”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

If you want fine dining mixed with cozy charm, warm and inviting hosts and excellently prepared meals, than you absolutely must visit this restaurant. The owner makes you feel welcome from the minute you walk in the door. The decor makes you feel like you've walked into a friend's cozy home, the outside patio sprawls over naturally kept grounds and a beautiful view of Sechelt Inlet. (And yes, we saw blue heron!). We've always received wonderful service and the staff are very professional and friendly.The chef's little extra touches are on everything, entrees impeccably prepared, sauces delicious, and the portions are huge. And if you are ever there when the local blackberries are in season, you might want to start off with a blackberry martini. Yum.

• Visited August 2013
Surrey, Canada
“Great service, food and well, you can't control the rain.”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We emailed Gail before hand and managed to find a time that would work for both of us. So Saturday night was arrive and Gail walks up and calls me by name. It was great to meet and really Gail came by all night to say hi, make sure everything was okay and when we left she was otherwise engaged, but all of a sudden there was someone at our car window. She came out in the rain to say goodbye. We left laughing.

We were relaxed from two days of wandering the woods and ending our days in the hot tub with wine and dinner ordered in. This was our night out. We opted for a window seat and enjoyed watching the eagles and seagulls on the waterfront.

We started off with the Raspberry Martini and we each tried one of the appetizers. Wow, really good and very generous. Already I was thinking I won't be able to eat my dinner. The second course was included. Soup or salad. We both had the basil tomato soup and it was really good.

The main course was just as good. This is a restaurant that specializes in seafood, but I am not a big seafood fan so I went for the rack of lamb which was done just the way I liked it. My husband chose the three meat special. Our veggies were el dente and on a separate plate. I was right I could only eat half my meal, which I did slowly and happily.

I was sorry about that when the desserts were described. Each made fresh on the premises. We had to pass.

• Visited April 2014
Sechelt, Canada
“Fine dining”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Absolutely the best place to eat on the Sunshine coast. The Owner is friendly and very personable and will greet each guest as though they were family. The food is to die for and the view is exceptional. Highly recommended if you want to impress someone with a fine Palate.

• Visited April 2013
Sechelt, Canada
“Great choice for a special occasion”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary, seated outside with the wonderful view over the Sechelt Inlet, watching the wildlife and seaplanes come and go. Staff gave just the right balance of attention and space. We had a cocktail, appetizer and main course each (the main course also came with a soup or salad). The food was pretty good for the price point, though not exceptional. The prosciutto wrapped scallops were delicious, though. We both had the mixed grill special for our main course and I've honestly never seen so much meat (lamb, steak, pork) on one plate...there was no way either of us could finish it or think about dessert. Wine selection was decent - small list, but all good wines. The main point is that it's one of the most romantic places to go for dinner on a sunny evening around these parts.

• Visited July 2013