“Some good,mostly bad”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Vancouver, Bc
“Some good,mostly bad”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely location in Sechelt, easy to find, easy parking. Bright, airy space. Greeted at the door by gorgeous young woman with a big wad of gum that showed up at the front of her mouth every few seconds.

I ordered Moussaka, my husband ordered roast lamb. The Moussaka was gorgeous, big and puffy, the bechamel was creamy and delicious. Unfortunately, it was accompanied by bland, uninteresting rice and tasteless potatoes. The Greek salad was good.

Service is amateur,graceless and fast foody.

Somehow, they managed to surround us with children, in a half empty space.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank baloovancouverbc

Garden Bay, Canada
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I've eaten here several times and it's always been very good. My favourite is the prawn and crab cakes, coupled with the spinach side salad - which is full of artichoke hearts, candied pecans, feta cheese and strawberries. Delicious. Service is pleasant and fast. The decor is not particularly cosy but it's fine.

• Visited March 2014
Sechelt, Canada
“Excellent steak”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This place is decent for lunch and dinner when you want to grab your regular Canadian and Greek favourites, but I like to reserve our visits here for when we have a babysitter and my husband and I don't mind spending a bit more and can take our time over a nice bottle of wine and a fantastic steak dinner (especially the rib-eye). Excellent side dishes, too. Staff are always helpful and friendly. Not exactly a romantic atmosphere - there are other restaurants far better for that - but good for a nice night out with good company.

Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Lame”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Went out for a friends Birthday dinner and 10 minutes after deciding what to order, the server came by and informed us what they were out of, well practically everything. Big pet peeve. I understand you cant always have the stock. But at least let us know right away so we don't get our hearts set on something. So I Ordered a Caeser and it was delicious. Ordered another one but the Clamato had clearly gone cause it was so watery. Wouldn't have been a problem if I could just let the server know.. but, where did she go? Our food finally came out and what a let down. We ordered a few appies as our meal and had to send 1 of them back, oily, tasteless prawns. The others at the table did enjoy their steaks though. Maybe I'll go that route next time, if there is a next time.

• Visited January 2014
Sechelt, Canada
“Reliably Great Food”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We just had our Valentine's Dinner at the Daphne Restaurant in Sechelt. Each of our group has a favourite and look forward to our meals which are reliably delicious. The "Smashed Potatoes" are great as are the grilled vegetables. My wife's salmon was just right. My steak was tender, juicy and flavourful. The dessert menu, although not extensive, has delicious goodies. The staff is friendly and attentive.
A good place to eat.