“Romantic, Scenic, Personalized”
Review of Artist's House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sicamous
Artist's House B&B
Ranked #1 of 10 Sicamous B&B and Inns
Fort Myers, Florida
“Romantic, Scenic, Personalized”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Victoria made our stay extra special with everything from a personal greeting at the driveway to a delicious breakfast for two at a later time than the other couple, so that we might get a run in. There's a great deserted road accross the street for anyone wishing to run like we did. The room was charming, the house was lovely, breakfast was delightful, and Victoria was warm and welcoming. I'd love to stay here again one day!

Room Tip: The green room has en-suite bathroom with cool shower.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Calgary
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is our second time visiting the Artist's House B&B and it feels like staying with a trusted and familiar friend. Victoria is a wonderful hostess who makes her guests feel right at home. Breakfast is a gourmet feast! So far we have been treated to Eggs Benedict and Baked Apple Pancake on our two visits and they were both scrumptious. Plus eating on the patio overlooking the water is a fantastic start to the day.

On both visits we stayed in the Orange Room, which has a wonderful view of the lake. Free wifi was important for us and very handy. Victoria can tell you about the history of the house, which is charming. She is a warm and hard-working hostess and artist and I look forward to more visits in future!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Maryland
Reviewed 14 June 2013

So, in full disclosure, I lived in this house until I was fourteen years old. We moved away twenty-five years ago and my brother, Dad, and two children came back for two nights and stayed "in the old house." We were AMAZED! The owner, Victoria, has kept the house up/renovated it amazingly. It is absolutely gorgeous. The setting is as stunning as ever, overlooking the Shuswap on beautiful property that backs onto the woods. We stayed in the three rooms upstairs; my children and I shared "the blue room" which includes a cozy alcoved bedroom; my Dad had the spacious back bedroom that includes its own en suite, and my brother stayed in "the orange room" overlooking the lake. We all had wonderful sleeps (my children slept for wayyyyyy longer than normal due to how comfortable the room/beds were).
Victoria is a gracious and welcoming host. Her scones are unbelievable. Frankly I felt quite spoiled while we were here.
The outdoor recreation/lake/walking opportunities around here are really endless and if you've not been to the Shuswap before, come! Stay here! Enjoy! And if you have been to the Shuswap before, definitely book a stay at this great B and B on your next visit; you already know how great the area is and now learn how great Victoria and her beautiful home are!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Victoria S, Owner at Artist's House B&B, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Aww Kyla, Thank you for taking the time to write such a raving review! I Loved having you and your family reconnect to the house, relax, and go back in time.
It was as if the 'Hemmingway' family dropped in for a visit....all the stories!
You are all part of the magical history of interesting people who have left their imprints.
This place is for sharing. I am delighted that you were able to come back to your childhood home.
love and laughter
Victoria
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed for 1 night. The location is overlooking the lake with beautiful views. The house is down away from the highway but close to the railroad. There is noise from the trains but, honestly it's not a big deal. The view makes up for it. We were able to walk down to the lake but the slope is only for people with good walking abilities. The house is amazing and full of character. Breakfast was great with local ingredients and the coffee very tasty. I would recommend staying here to anyone, and is a great location if your driving along highway 1.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Wonderful find! My motorcycle buddy and I spent the evening and morning realizing what a gem we found in discovering Victoria the owner. Of the B&B’s we stayed at on our annual week long rides, this was our best experience to date. If you love visiting and getting to know your host, Victoria is a great first choice. Beds and Linen’s were clean; Yummy piping hot scones I couldn’t stop eating! Eggs, fruits, yogurt, there was ample.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Victoria S, Owner at Artist's House B&B, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
What a delight to get the review from the motorcycle buddies. An ahhhh... Response is the best along with a WOW response, usually when I serve breakfast. I love when I can wake up a weary traveller and exceed their expectations. ...that's where the joy is.
Alberta
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My wife & I selected this place on the advice of a relative and I'm glad we did. Quaint little heritage house with all sorts of charm. Great view overlooking Shuswap Lake with eagles, osprey and loons. Green room was comfortable and clean. Main floor and patio are open to the guests and provide a relaxing atmosphere. Location was convenient to Sicamous where we were attending a mushroom festival. Victoria was a great hostess providing excellent breakfasts and good history of the house and surroundings. We'd have no hesitation in going back.

Room Tip: Choose the Green Room. It has its own private bathroom and while not looking out on to the lake (you...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review....and for your cousin who recommended the 'Artist's House'. It was wonderful to have guests come for a local event that is often overlooked.
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 18 September 2012

What a great facility. Victoria was absolutely wonderful and very hospitable. The house sits half way up the mountain which makes the views of the lake amazing. While having a terrific breakfast we watched a bald eagle soar around in front of us and perch in a tree right on the property. We stayed in the room with the ensuite, and it was very comfortable. Like other have mentioned, it is close to the train tracks and it disturbed us during the night a little. A small price to pay for such a wonder stay. Victoria is extremely proud of the house which has been in her family for a number of years. She has done a lot of research on the history of the property, as well as the surrounding area. She was a very pleasant woman. I would definitely return here and would stay longer than just one night.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for relaxing , really enjoying your experience and writing such a great review. it is very rewarding to see comments that go beyond the room and the food. Joyous!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sicamous
Best Western Sicamous Inn
Prestige Harbourfront Resort
Sundog Bed & Breakfast
Sundog Bed & Breakfast
#4 of 10 in Sicamous

Been to Artist's House B&B? Share your experiences!