Paradise Motel(Sicamous)
Priceline
Agoda.com
Pines Motel(Sicamous)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsartist housethe blue roomshuswap lakewarmest welcomepoached eggsvictoriahostessartistsgemblackboardensuitecalgarystoriesfillinglinens
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here while on a leisurely drive to Banff from Vancouver in June. The house had a lot of charm and character. It was an old historical house, but the owners kept it very well. We stayed in the blue room with a very cute and peaceful ambiance. The washroom was down the hall with a British style sink which was not as convenient, but we felt cozy and relaxed. The breakfast was amazing and the owner was very hospitable. The house is located at the end of a road that's a little hard to find, but the surrounding is amazing and by the water. Loved what they did around the yard!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Victoria S, Owner at Artist's House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciated your comments and happy to hear that you enjoyed the charm & wonderful setting of the 'Artist's House'.

If the 'green' room with the en suite had been available, that would have been my recommend as it is quiet & serene with an en suite, perhaps a better fit for you as a couple.

I hope to have the opportunity to create the perfect stay when you are travelling this way again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

When you arrive you know that you have found something special......dead end......in the woods,
overlooking the lake surrounded by mountains.

Then when you meet Victoria it feels like you are coming to the family cottage for the weekend.
Very sweet and down to earth and the best breakfast I have ever had in a B&B.

My sister and I had a wonderful time which we will cherish forever......I will be back soon!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Victoria S, Owner at Artist's House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2015

Such a wonderful review! The season is long over and a new year is unfolding as I find time and space to look at unreplied reviews. Your comments warm my heart and give me a sense that I am perhaps in the right place doing just what I should be doing. Thanks!
I so look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Amazing historic house, amazing view, amazing breakfast, and amazing host! Pretty much sums it up! Three of us stayed for two nights on a recent golf trip. I'm not the biggest fan of B&B's normally but Victoria made us feel very much at home and we really felt like we had the place to ourselves. Staying here was one of the highlights that contributed to a fantastic overall holiday.
Thank you Victoria!

Room Tip: I stayed in the "Red" room which was the smallest room (but plenty big enough), it had the most amazing view (see picture)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks you for the great review and for giving a B&B a try!
Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! gotta love that but really it's an exchange amazing people.
i do try to 'read ' people to gauge how much space they prefer. I am glad to hear that you could embrace the space and feel you had it to yourselves.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had a lovely stay during our son's Spring Break. Sadly, we stayed for only one night at the Artist's House and Heritage B&B. The place is charming, with eclectic decor and surrounded by interesting history. Make sure you look over the books about the Historical CPR Hotel. The room we stayed in (The Blue Room) on the second floor had lovely decor and had a twin bed in a cute little space, which our son thought was the coolest room ever! One of our favorite feature was the beautiful view of the Shuswap Lake. Victoria is a sweet lady and a great hostess, she made us feel really welcomed. We all enjoyed meeting her and talking with her by the fireplace. She made delicious homemade breakfast with a tasty baked apple pancake and fresh scone.The location is great, the view beautiful and majestic.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank luciana_kuamoto
Victoria S, Owner at Artist's House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I was a delight to meet you and your family and here that your son enjoyed staying in 'the fort'!

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

This B&B is amazing. We only stayed one night, however it was one of the best places we stayed our whole trip. Victoria is an amazing host and goes out of her way to help and make sure you are comfortable (also helped me with my lost baggage!). Beautiful views of the lake while you get comfy with slippers, tea and scones. 110% recommend!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Claire M
Victoria S, Owner at Artist's House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

What a delight to receive your review Claire and Emily!
(especially happy to hear that the Artist's House B&B was your 'favorite 'on your varied "pack it all 'in B.C.winter holiday.
Glad to have been your second landing spot , giving you time to regroup, locate your lost luggage ,. and ensure that you and your evasive winter duds, especially your winter coat got together before you headed out on the snowy B.C. adventure.
It was a delight to meet & host you gals, especially at a time that I am not always open.
Happy travels