“Hidden Gem”
Review of Artist's House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sicamous
Artist's House B&B
Ranked #1 of 10 Sicamous B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2014

A place with a difference ! A delightful arts-and-crafts heritage home.
Highly recommended if you are looking for a warm welcome, interesting conversation, good food and a home where every item tells it's own story. If you are looking for soulless, minimalist motel or hotel, look elsewhere !
Victoria is an excellent, thoughtful hostess. Nothing was too much trouble, lots of ideas and advice as to places and activities. A genuine artist, with engaging conversation. Breakfast was really special, homemade scones at breakfast on the terrace overlooking Shuswap Lake.
We stayed in the Blue Room, spacious and comfortable, and sharing the bathroom across the landing - no problem.
The Highway 1 and transCanada rail line are nearby, but minimal disturbance-thanks to the trees- as you watch the houseboats lazily cruising on the lake.
We were very sorry not to stay longer than one night, and certainly want to return as soon as we can. The Artist's House is a delightful, inexpensive retreat in a superb location, and we'll recommend Victoria's home to anyone travelling remotely near the Shuswap.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria S, Owner at Artist's House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2014

you make it all worthwhile! when I first opened the B&B I had never really stayed in a B&B so I had my own notion as to what it should be. I am an artist so firstly I liked to create form paintings to space . I like the details and to honor the past but add some fun & funkiness. You have noticed and appreciated that. I thank you & hope you are able to return.

There are newer reviews for Artist's House B&B

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Beautiful property overlooking the Shushwap.This historical house is gorgeous and charming. Breakfast was delish and more than we expected as we were served afull breakfast. More than anything else, Victoria made us feel welcome and relaxed, felt like we were at home. Victoria really went above and beyond and we will definately be returning. Special property and a very special lady. I would rate this experience 10/10. Thx so much, Victoria!!

Room Tip: we stayed in the blue room...comfy king sized bed, really charming
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

thank you! so glad to hear that you had a good experience at my B&B. everyone who comes is unique and special. it was a joy having you visit.
Victoria

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The most wonderful guest house we have stayed at. Victoria is so welcoming, from the blackboard outside welcoming you by name, to the home made wonderful scones at breakfast.
Beautiful views over the lake, lovely rooms and superb hospitality. It was so good we booked for the next week for our return journey from Vancouver Island, on our way back to Calgary.
Thank you Victoria, from Glenn and Gail, England!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Artist's House and were confident enough to book the return trip. It is a great feeling when guests return as it then feels like they are returning home.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here while on a leisurely drive to Banff from Vancouver in June. The house had a lot of charm and character. It was an old historical house, but the owners kept it very well. We stayed in the blue room with a very cute and peaceful ambiance. The washroom was down the hall with a British style sink which was not as convenient, but we felt cozy and relaxed. The breakfast was amazing and the owner was very hospitable. The house is located at the end of a road that's a little hard to find, but the surrounding is amazing and by the water. Loved what they did around the yard!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Victoria S, Owner at Artist's House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciated your comments and happy to hear that you enjoyed the charm & wonderful setting of the 'Artist's House'.

If the 'green' room with the en suite had been available, that would have been my recommend as it is quiet & serene with an en suite, perhaps a better fit for you as a couple.

I hope to have the opportunity to create the perfect stay when you are travelling this way again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

When you arrive you know that you have found something special......dead end......in the woods,
overlooking the lake surrounded by mountains.

Then when you meet Victoria it feels like you are coming to the family cottage for the weekend.
Very sweet and down to earth and the best breakfast I have ever had in a B&B.

My sister and I had a wonderful time which we will cherish forever......I will be back soon!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Victoria S, Owner at Artist's House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2015

Such a wonderful review! The season is long over and a new year is unfolding as I find time and space to look at unreplied reviews. Your comments warm my heart and give me a sense that I am perhaps in the right place doing just what I should be doing. Thanks!
I so look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Amazing historic house, amazing view, amazing breakfast, and amazing host! Pretty much sums it up! Three of us stayed for two nights on a recent golf trip. I'm not the biggest fan of B&B's normally but Victoria made us feel very much at home and we really felt like we had the place to ourselves. Staying here was one of the highlights that contributed to a fantastic overall holiday.
Thank you Victoria!

Room Tip: I stayed in the "Red" room which was the smallest room (but plenty big enough), it had the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks you for the great review and for giving a B&B a try!
Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! gotta love that but really it's an exchange amazing people.
i do try to 'read ' people to gauge how much space they prefer. I am glad to hear that you could embrace the space and feel you had it to yourselves.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had a lovely stay during our son's Spring Break. Sadly, we stayed for only one night at the Artist's House and Heritage B&B. The place is charming, with eclectic decor and surrounded by interesting history. Make sure you look over the books about the Historical CPR Hotel. The room we stayed in (The Blue Room) on the second floor had lovely decor and had a twin bed in a cute little space, which our son thought was the coolest room ever! One of our favorite feature was the beautiful view of the Shuswap Lake. Victoria is a sweet lady and a great hostess, she made us feel really welcomed. We all enjoyed meeting her and talking with her by the fireplace. She made delicious homemade breakfast with a tasty baked apple pancake and fresh scone.The location is great, the view beautiful and majestic.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank luciana_kuamoto
Victoria S, Owner at Artist's House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I was a delight to meet you and your family and here that your son enjoyed staying in 'the fort'!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sicamous
Best Western Sicamous Inn
#6 of 10 in Sicamous
Paradise Motel
Paradise Motel
#3 of 4 in Sicamous

Been to Artist's House B&B? Share your experiences!