“Amazing”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sicamous
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Amazing”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I had the oppertunity to finally stay at this fantastic location this past summer with my best friend while visiting my family. All I can say is the staff are AMAZING. They're all so friendly, and helpful. Always smiling! You can't help but walk out of the door in a good mood!

The room was great too! With the air conditioning already on when we got in, our room was pleasently cool for check in. Beds were comfortable, and clean, and most importantly- The shower heads were made for TALL PEOPLE. Being 6 foot- I enjoy no hunching over to shower!

The pool and hot tub area was clean, and towels were well stocked awaiting our arrival. The night auditer allowed us to stay a little past regular closing hours, after promising to be quiet! Something appreciated after a busy day in town!

Breakfast in great too! Great value on the room and with a breakfast that great, you can't go wrong!

I reccomed this hotel to everyone! They have all the amentities for travelling families and corprate guests! I'll be back again! =)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chantelle_MS
TimCorless, Owner at Best Western Sicamous Inn, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Thanks Chantelle for your kind words. Our hard working team will appreciate the feedback so they can continue to provide the service you found during your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Did the Calgary - Van run and stoped over in Sicamous - Best Western. Great service! Great Value! Well kept and modern rooms!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Lovely location, room was very clean and spacious and easily slept family of five. Location was nice and a lot less busy than next town of Salmon Arms. Breakfast was good although only supplied with polystyrene plates and plastic cutlery. Had very positive experience and would definitely stay again when in the Rockies.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Deepaw
TimCorless, Manager at Best Western Sicamous Inn, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Thanks for making our hotel a part of your tour of Western Canada. We do see a lot of folks traveling between Banff and Vancouver as we are located just off the Trans Canada Highway. We are no longer using polystyrene plates and appreciate our guest's suggestions in regards to more environmentally friendly options.
Victoria, BC
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We weren't disappointed when we arrived at the parking lot of the Best Western Sicamous Inn. We booked a room as a halfway point between Vancouver Island and Lake Louise. After passing some of the other accommodations that we had considered before booking here, it looks like we made a great choice. (My family is still sleeping in the VERY comfortable beds as I write this review at the desk/table, sitting in an impressively comfy task chair.)

The room is a nice size, with tasteful, up-to-date decor. We appreciate the bath layout where the vanity & sink are outside the washroom, and the good-sized closet tops the open-coat-rack area found in even five-star properties, in my opinion. We are only staying one night, or else I would have certainly made use of that to hang clothes AND stow luggage out of sight!

Tim Hortons is just a walk across the parking lot, as is a comfy diner at the other end of the lot, and we have treated ourselves to both. We also took in the outdoor hot tub and indoor pool last night. (And I might mention the very comfortable lounge chairs in the pool area. I'm large and often have a problem using outdoor furniture, but these were more than adequate!) Staff have been friendly, attentive and professional, and we were made to feel at home from the minute we arrived in the small-ish but comfortably decorated reception area.

I can't review the complementary breakfast yet, but we are about to partake. I will say that, so far, I am very impressed and glad we chose this stopover. Even though it is close the Trans-Canada Highway and passing freight trains, our room is quiet, and the room's temperature control is reliable and effective. The bath and water pressure are adequate and clean.

Fridge and microwave were put to use, as were the remote-control TV and (free) wireless Internet. Really, my only complaint would be that the pillows were lacking in form -- like a bag of cotton balls: too soft for my liking. But I'm fussy like that, so I travel with my own pillow! Bring your pillow, and enjoy your stay. We certainly have!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Heather W
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We were on our way From Comox back home to Calgary and needed a half way point to stop for the night and we could not have picked a better spot. Great Hotel, really helpful and friendly staff (Thank you Eileen at the front desk). Close by spots for dinner, Hotel is dog friendly with a dog area beside the Hotel and an off Leash area 5 minutes form the Hotel.
Dog fee $20.00 per night. The breakfast in the morning, which was all included in the cost was amazing, fresh friut, waffles and lots more, really good!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pmichaud
Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The Best Western reservation number was most helpful until they transferred me to the hotel. Sadly then I spoke with some lady who seemed to forget that us English funnily enough understand English rather well.

I'd tried to book online through their website for $114.23 for one night, but there was a problem with my credit card so I get told they'll put me through to the hotel where they will match the Internet rate and I can actually book.... Fat Chance!!!

I'm told that I don't understand and that the rate I was given was an Internet rate and they can't match it. When I ask why not seeing they are quite prepared to accept $114 if I book on the Internet I'm told that's the Internet rate and "I can't match it".... Why not? Didn't a human being set the internet rate in the first place? We maybe getting close, but we're not quite at the time where the Internet has a mind of it's own, and sets it's own hotel rates!!!

I'm sick and tired as a traveller of having to pay more unless I use an internet connection which isn't always achievable. You then get told the cheaper rate is because the internet doesn't need someone to answer the phone and take the booking. Well all I can say to the "lady" I spoke to is... I'd already taken up your time by you speaking to me on the phone anyway, the only difference is that you got ZERO dollars out of me instead of an actual room booking for one night. May I also suggest that when you stop talking and your customer is about to speak, that you don't deliberately start talking again to make sure that your customer can't speak... It's not very subtle and incredibly rude.

I'm sure the hotel it's self is clean and functional, just a shame my wife and I never managed to stay there to find out. Has to be the worse out of the 15 hotels we've stayed in on this trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lewis B
TimCorless, Owner at Best Western Sicamous Inn, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
I am very sorry that there was so much confusion when you tried to book with us. We do try and work with travelers when there are problems with the internet but we failed in doing that this time. I will work with our front desk team to ensure that all calls for reservations are handled fairly and with an abundance of courtesy.

I thank you for letting us know about this challenge and I hope the rest of your trip went well.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night. What a nice surprise it was lovely and clean very quiet too. We got a room in the new block on the ground floor which was exceptional The breakfast was the usual continental with cereals muffins, toast, boiled eggs, fruit, tea, coffee and fruit juices. There were plenty of tables in the breakfast room so no waiting for a seat. A diner and a sandwich chain were within walking distance of the hotel so no problem for evening meal. We didn\t eat at the diner restaurant but met soemeone that did and they told us it was great food at good prices. As we had a meal at lunchtime that day we went in for a soup & sandwich at the chain sandwich shop which was good. When you have been on the road all day the last thing you need is looking for eating places so I think this is another plus for this hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel and definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sicamous
Comfort Inn & Suites
Super 8 Sicamous
Super 8 Sicamous
#2 of 4 in Sicamous
Prestige Harbourfront Resort

Been to Best Western Sicamous Inn? Share your experiences!