“Carribean island food in BC”

Bahama John's Seafood & Rib Shack
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Sicamous
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Bahamian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The best place to unwind after a long day out on the boat. Come on in and grab a cold drink and some locally sourced food. At Bahama Johns we work closely with local farms and suppliers that are family owned and operated who respect the land and the animals in their care. The ingredients we use in our recipes are grown, raised and harvested close to home, ensuring fresh, great tasting seasonal food for our recipes. Our Heat n' Eat menu has a great selection, leave the cooking to us the next time you throw a party. All items are prepackaged, just pop em in the oven and Heat-Drink-Chill!
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Were at my son's condo in Sicamous and as we also go to the Bahama's condo were much interested in the name of the restaurant. Went for lunch and were impressed with service, location and view. Outdoor seating excellent. Not a full Bahamian menu but one could not expect such as this, after all, BC. Talked at length with the owner who just happens to reside on Grand Bahama, a few miles from the Bahama condo (small world). A very entertaining individual with true Bahamian attitude, smile and great personality. Our food came as ordered and was representative of island cooking. Owner told us that he will be adding more Bahamian food variety such as conch to the menu. Kitchen staff needs to be trained how to cook and prepare it. Must try the spicy sauce, hot hot hot but great as a flavor enhancer. Different than the usual chain restaurants and pizza, burger and dog dives. Truly enjoyed by all of us (7). A must go!!

1  Thank Robert C

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great view and service. Tried the dorado ceviche, hands down the worst I have ever had. The description on the menu compared to what I received was completely different. At least the waitress took it off my bill. The outside bar is a nice touch.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family just finished dinner on the beautiful sunny patio at Bahama Johns. Service was excellent and the food even better. Tasty, flavourful food, yummy sangria and a good variety of items on the kids menu. I'm already looking forward to my next road trip through Sicamous so I can eat at Bahama Johns again!

2  Thank L S
Reviewed 25 July 2014

When I first arrived at Bahama John's I was greeted with an amazing view, friendly staff, and Bahama John himself! The atmosphere was amazing and the renovations completely transformed it! The mojito was delicious and came in a trendy mason jar which complemented the easy going and trendy feel of the restaurant. I had the calamari as an appetizer and absolutely loved it! The batter for their calamari and fish is naturally gluten free! Great for celiacs! The pulled pork was flavourful and obviously cooked slowly and well! The tiki bars were great! Overall awesome experience. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

It is truly wonderful to have variety and culture in Food available in Sicamous. The new renovations are truly impressive and food as always is flavourful and delicious!