“My Piece of Paradise in Sicamous”
Review of Paradise Motel

Paradise Motel
Paradise Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sicamous
Reviewed 3 April 2008

My family stayed at the Paradise Motel in Sicamous and we had such a wonderful time. The location is very close to the lake and downtown. Our room was a suite and had a kitchen area, it was very clean and comfortable for our family of 4. The complex was very comfortable with an outdoor pool for the days that we didn't feel like doing much. The hosts were very welcoming and accommodating. We had such a relaxing fun time we will be making Paradise Motel are regular home away from home while in Sicamous

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Paradise Motel

Reviewed 30 August 2007

we came across this motel while traveling, very clean & comfortable, there was a mini kitchen & heated bathroom floor which was very nice on the feet

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2007

We always stay in Sicamous on our way back from Vancouver to Calgary. We decided to try the Paradise because the last place we stayed had become a little too run down.

Check in was fine ,but the room was not as we expected. It was very run down, and there was a big sign saying if you didn't clean up after yourself there was a clean up fee.

We turned on the air conditioning and it banged, chugged and loudly spouted out warm air. We had to sleep with the windows open, but with trains running every half hour blowing their horns that wasn't possible. Just when we were ready for bed the toilett overflowed. It was too late to get help so we couldn't flush for the rest of the night and my son opted to pee outside in the bushes

We were in a one bedroom suite and my son was so hot he opened the front door left the chain on an tried to sleep. N ot exactly secure. The beds were hard and lumpy.

We had to leave very early the next morning. my son and daughter said they had hardly slept.

I think next year coming back from the cabin we will opt for Revelstoke it's only 15 more minuets and the accomodation choices much more modern. Stay out of Sicamous it's no Paradise.

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank holidayerCalgary
Reviewed 14 August 2007

We've been coming to Sicamous for 15 years. We have often stayed at the Paradise because of it's handy location and the kitchenettes can be useful. It's always been run down. The beds are hard as rocks and it can be noisy. It never struck me as particulary clean. It also was never unbearably dirty.

This summer, however, we arrived and the rooms were so filthy that my daughter and I both started having asthma attacks. In hindsight, I suspect this might be because they allow pets in the rooms and they probably hadn't cleaned comforters or sofas all season.

In addition, after sitting on the bed for a while we both started itching.

Oh yes, and the room was full of flies.

In addition, the second bedroom had a bare bulb hanging from the ceiling that wouldn't turn on.

Our experience with the managers in dealing with the situation was the worst cusotmer service I've ever experienced in my life. I'd love to go into the details because the whole situation got so ugly and nasty but as fellow travelers all you need to know is that the rooms were unacceptably unclean and the management about as unprofessional as you could possibly imagine.

We will never return to the Paradise.

The good news is that Sicamous does have a very nice hotel/motel now so there are good places to stay and enjoy this great little town.

3  Thank repeet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sicamous
Best Western Sicamous Inn
Best Western Salmon Arm Inn
Monashee Motel
Monashee Motel
#4 of 4 in Sicamous

Been to Paradise Motel? Share your experiences!