“The owners of the motel are insane!!!!”
Review of Paradise Motel

Paradise Motel
Paradise Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sicamous
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Went to the motel for a family reunion. Everything was great Friday and Friday night. Myself and my family stayed up late Friday night. Quietly sitting around talking and having a few drinks. We were across the parking lot from the rooms as to not disturb other guests. The lady who owns and runs the motel interacted with us and joked with us. She asked us to keep two out if four picnic tables open for the other guests which we did. She asked us to clean up after ourselves which we did. We used our own bbq to keep the bbqs provided open for other guests. Then on Saturday some guests who were not staying at the motel came for the day. At some point one of those guests used to pool which is not allowed. While I respect her rule that the pool is for guests only, the manner in which she asserted herself was incredibly rude and uncalled for. Her rudeness caused a couple people at the reunion to confront her on how she had acted. Initially I defended her although I did not defend how she behaved. Our day carried on with no further incident. She asked for the guests not staying at the motel to be gone by 10:00pm to which we complied. Saturday night as a group of about 12 people were sitting around doing exactly what they had done without incident the previous night things got ugly. Shortly before 11:00 pm the woman's husband came out and yelled at the group to keep quiet. Within seconds of saying this he came back and told everyone to go to their rooms or he was going to come back with a bat. My brother stood and said ok to which the owners husband replied he was going to smash in my brothers head with said bat. Everyone was disguised with their behavior and threats of violence. They voiced their disgust but headed to their rooms. I had been in my room during the confrontation so when my husband returned to our room and informed me we had to go to bed I stepped outside to have my before bed cigarette as I do every night. When I stepped outside the owner yelled at me to get in my room. I politely showed her my cigarette and told her I was just having a smoke. In the seats provided just outside my door I might add. To which she yelled at me to get the hell back in my room or she was going to call the cops and have me evicted from the motel. I should add that there were several other guests of the motel sitting outside smoking at the time. She also yelled something about 9-11 but I have no idea what she was talking about. It was obvious to us all as she and her husband slurred their words that they were intoxicated in some way. So here is a group of 35-70 year olds confined to our rooms at 11:00pm on a Saturday night for doing absolutely nothing wrong at a motel we paid for. Oh ya, the next day the cops had to be called when her husband tried to start a fight with my 70 year old uncle And when two members of my family stepped in to stop him he got a very large wrench and chased after all three men swinging it and trying to hit them. He knocked my two 70 year old uncles to the ground and was eventually taken down by my cousin who had been in the army, until the cops arrived. So if you want to have your life threatened with a bat and or a wrench by a deranged owner I recommend you stay here!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jenni B
There are newer reviews for Paradise Motel

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed here for 11 days this July while visiting family. The motel was clean, the pool was clean, and the staff were very friendly. There was a ball tournament on during one weekend but the staff kept the noise level down so every one in the motel could sleep. I have recommended it to my cousin to stay there for a few days in August. We will return to this motel again in the fall.
Marshall and Dianne
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Dianne D
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This motel is ok other than the woman running it, she is so rude borderline abusive ! Foul woman :( we were in town for the summer stomp , this is a motor cycle rally !! Bikers drinking beer ;) not a church group !!! Yes most ppl were up late , music laughing Enjoying them selfs ! No one was causing any trouble ;) but this woman was off the wall ! Just plain rude !! Nasty

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank KathyPeel
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stayed here late June 2013, booked it after seeing the great reviews and checking prices of other hotels/motels in town. Drove in from Alberta and arrived late. We called 5 minutes before we arrived as we were a bit lost so the property manager kindly gave us directions and came over to the office to check us in. Got our room keys and found a nice, clean room that was very spacious for 2 people. 2 beds, 1 in a separate room, alarm clock, phone, stove, full size fridge and freezer, table with 4 settings and a TV in the living room. Sheets were soft and we slept great! They even opened the pool (outdor and heated) a bit early for a few little girls who couldn't wait to get in. Lastly, there's Dixie the Dog, a very quiet border collie mix that greets visitors with a tail wag and friendly smile. If you're lucky, she may bring you her toy to play with! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ResortBum26
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

We booked a room here on our way back through to Calgary on May long weekend. We got in pretty late but owner had no issues checking us in. We stayed in a kitchenette that had a main room and bedroom. The room was really clean, all the sheets smelled fresh, and the kitchen was spotless. This room had a new bathroom with a heated tile floor. The only downside was the bed in the front room was a little hard, the one in the bed room was not. We paid 90 and change for the room which in my opinion is a great deal. I would stay here again any time, the price is right and the people are friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Mrfat187
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

Was in town for a family reunion and stayed here. Turned out it was the best location for us to access everything.

This place may be older but it is well maintained, it's clean, and the staff and management were super friendly.

We enjoyed the pool, and the BBQ area looked great but we didn't need to use it...maybe next time!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Dashcal
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This was our second time in two months that we stayed at the Paradise. The rooms were clean, the kitchen well equipped. The pool area and bbq centre were a nice addition. The best part is The staff especially Cynthia the owner. We enjoyed our first stay and then the 2nd was unplanned as we had car trouble and she took us in and let us hang out even after check out time until our van was ready. Great dog friendly place. Our dog autumn was so happy here. We will definitely stay here again if and when we are in Sicamous or even as a stop over on our way to the coast. Thank you Cynthia. We feel we have made a new friend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank greymare82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sicamous
Best Western Sicamous Inn
Best Western Salmon Arm Inn
Monashee Motel
Monashee Motel
#4 of 4 in Sicamous

Been to Paradise Motel? Share your experiences!