“Motel with an outdoor pool!”
Review of Paradise Motel

Paradise Motel
Paradise Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sicamous
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We recently stayed at the Paradis Motel mid August 2013. The rooms are a bit dated and needs some upgrading, but very clean. There is A/C in the rooms & a wide range of TV channels, also has kitchenette. Kids loved the pool - perfect temperature! BBQ area is very spacious & covered to keep you protected from weather. About 20min walk to the beach. Walking distance to grocery store & liquor store.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Karen H
There are newer reviews for Paradise Motel

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Well maintained older motel. Rooms with kitchenettes very clean. Pool and bbq area good for families. Owner pleasant, helpful with advice on great places to go in Sicamous. Easy access to D Dutch Dairy, Bahama John's and Tim Hortons.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Heather K
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My wife and I and my 24 year old son happened to be at this hotel at the very same time as the review wrote by the family reunion. First of all let me say the hotel is a great place to stay and the owners would do anything for you. We ourselves had a misunderstanding with the owners as a result of the total chaos the reunion people caused. It was thought our son was not a guest at the hotel. To make up for this the hotel owners gave us a 75.00 gift certificate to a local restaurant. Now for the reunion story. First off what fools would have a reunion at a hotel that has quiet times? Next although the story that they write makes the reunion family angels. They were far from that. They were arguing amongst each other, and they were certainly aggressive and lets just say the story about the wrench. Well the owner grabbed the wrench in sell defence as he was surrounded by eight if the family reunion members. And by the way the owner of the hotel is a 60+ year old man who was taken down by an ex military personnel and choked out. The cops were called by the owners who were protecting their property and the rules of the establishment. By the way at no time were the owners drunk. This is a perfectly fine hotel to stay at. I stay at hotels all the time for my work and this one just like all the others ones enforced their rules. Obviously the reunion people wanted to make their own. They should have been throw out and sent on their merry way.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Peggar
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Went to the motel for a family reunion. Everything was great Friday and Friday night. Myself and my family stayed up late Friday night. Quietly sitting around talking and having a few drinks. We were across the parking lot from the rooms as to not disturb other guests. The lady who owns and runs the motel interacted with us and joked with us. She asked us to keep two out if four picnic tables open for the other guests which we did. She asked us to clean up after ourselves which we did. We used our own bbq to keep the bbqs provided open for other guests. Then on Saturday some guests who were not staying at the motel came for the day. At some point one of those guests used to pool which is not allowed. While I respect her rule that the pool is for guests only, the manner in which she asserted herself was incredibly rude and uncalled for. Her rudeness caused a couple people at the reunion to confront her on how she had acted. Initially I defended her although I did not defend how she behaved. Our day carried on with no further incident. She asked for the guests not staying at the motel to be gone by 10:00pm to which we complied. Saturday night as a group of about 12 people were sitting around doing exactly what they had done without incident the previous night things got ugly. Shortly before 11:00 pm the woman's husband came out and yelled at the group to keep quiet. Within seconds of saying this he came back and told everyone to go to their rooms or he was going to come back with a bat. My brother stood and said ok to which the owners husband replied he was going to smash in my brothers head with said bat. Everyone was disguised with their behavior and threats of violence. They voiced their disgust but headed to their rooms. I had been in my room during the confrontation so when my husband returned to our room and informed me we had to go to bed I stepped outside to have my before bed cigarette as I do every night. When I stepped outside the owner yelled at me to get in my room. I politely showed her my cigarette and told her I was just having a smoke. In the seats provided just outside my door I might add. To which she yelled at me to get the hell back in my room or she was going to call the cops and have me evicted from the motel. I should add that there were several other guests of the motel sitting outside smoking at the time. She also yelled something about 9-11 but I have no idea what she was talking about. It was obvious to us all as she and her husband slurred their words that they were intoxicated in some way. So here is a group of 35-70 year olds confined to our rooms at 11:00pm on a Saturday night for doing absolutely nothing wrong at a motel we paid for. Oh ya, the next day the cops had to be called when her husband tried to start a fight with my 70 year old uncle And when two members of my family stepped in to stop him he got a very large wrench and chased after all three men swinging it and trying to hit them. He knocked my two 70 year old uncles to the ground and was eventually taken down by my cousin who had been in the army, until the cops arrived. So if you want to have your life threatened with a bat and or a wrench by a deranged owner I recommend you stay here!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jenni B
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed here for 11 days this July while visiting family. The motel was clean, the pool was clean, and the staff were very friendly. There was a ball tournament on during one weekend but the staff kept the noise level down so every one in the motel could sleep. I have recommended it to my cousin to stay there for a few days in August. We will return to this motel again in the fall.
Marshall and Dianne
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Dianne D
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This motel is ok other than the woman running it, she is so rude borderline abusive ! Foul woman :( we were in town for the summer stomp , this is a motor cycle rally !! Bikers drinking beer ;) not a church group !!! Yes most ppl were up late , music laughing Enjoying them selfs ! No one was causing any trouble ;) but this woman was off the wall ! Just plain rude !! Nasty

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank KathyPeel
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stayed here late June 2013, booked it after seeing the great reviews and checking prices of other hotels/motels in town. Drove in from Alberta and arrived late. We called 5 minutes before we arrived as we were a bit lost so the property manager kindly gave us directions and came over to the office to check us in. Got our room keys and found a nice, clean room that was very spacious for 2 people. 2 beds, 1 in a separate room, alarm clock, phone, stove, full size fridge and freezer, table with 4 settings and a TV in the living room. Sheets were soft and we slept great! They even opened the pool (outdor and heated) a bit early for a few little girls who couldn't wait to get in. Lastly, there's Dixie the Dog, a very quiet border collie mix that greets visitors with a tail wag and friendly smile. If you're lucky, she may bring you her toy to play with! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ResortBum26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sicamous
Best Western Sicamous Inn
Best Western Salmon Arm Inn
Super 8 Sicamous
Super 8 Sicamous
#2 of 4 in Sicamous

Been to Paradise Motel? Share your experiences!