“All Rice, very little fish”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sushi Kobo Takeout

Sushi Kobo Takeout
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Comox
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Comox, Canada
“All Rice, very little fish”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Just tried this place for the 1st time. Ordered the Valley roll 5 pieces $8.75. It was O.K. however I felt very ripped off. The roll was 80% rice and had very little seafood. You could barely see the salmon lox and hardly and real crab meat. The Miso soup was good, they charge extra for Tea. Not used to this because Tea is free everywhere in Vancouver at any sushi place. Also had a spicy tuna roll, no cucumber or anything in the roll to add some crunch or flavour, just a small amount of not so spicy tuna in a maki roll.I will not be going back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kurty1977

Comox
“Best Sushi on Vancouver Island”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

If you want authentic sushi to take out or don't mind a crowded eating area, Sushi Kobo is the place for you. The Japanese owner-operators, something rare in our Japanese restaurants these days, work hard to provide quality products.

• Visited November 2013
Comox, Canada
“They'll make a Regular out of You!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great food and wonderful service! The owner, Sam, clearly does an amazing job with bringing his staff together, everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is always cheerful. They know my order off by heart :)

• Visited October 2013
“So good!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I always order my lunch at work from Sushi Kobo. I walk to their establishment enjoying the fresh air and when I entertheir restaurant, I am welcomed with a smile, and hello from all of the staff. I get back to work as soon as possible so I can dig into my sushi. Just incredible every time I have had it.

• Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Bc
“Wow! Delicious! Fresh, and affordable!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We are Vancouverites and were on the ferry from Powell River and I started looking on TripAdvisor where we could get a quick yummy meal before hitting the next ferry on to the gulf islands. Reviews looked great so I called in an order: $30 budget, wild salmon and nothing spicy I have three kids. She told me 30 minutes. 30 min later we arrived to a delicious variety pack incl cuc rolls, yam, lemon avocado, wild samon and avocado, dynamite. A zippy garlic chili sauce on the side for Mommy! Plus the six most delicious gyoza ever (though a few burnt) with a lovely vinegar. Smoky yummy miso soup with seaweed.

• Visited August 2013