“The "go to" sushi spot in the valley”
Review of Sushi Kobo Takeout

Sushi Kobo Takeout
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Comox
Comox, Canada
“The "go to" sushi spot in the valley”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Sushi Kobo is always exceptional. From the freshness of ingredients to the friendliness of the service. Whenever my wife and I think about dinner out Sushi Kobo inevitably comes up in our top three. We are lucky to have this quality of sushi in our little town!

• Visited April 2014

“Family Favourite”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Our family loves Sam and his yummy sushi in Comox. We have been enjoying Sam's art of making sushi for many years now. We will never tire of the tasty morsels he puts out in this tiny but welcoming spot in the valley. Not only does it look amazing it tastes fresh and flavourful. Sam and his staff always make you feel welcome and cater to your wants and needs. My adult children all have their favourite rolls and now my grandchildren are proclaiming their cravings for certain dishes when we crowd into this hot spot. We were just there the other day and hope to return again very soon.

• Visited April 2014
“Always the best!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I've been a long time fan of Sam Ogawa and his food (For over a decade). My children have grown up devouring his tasty creations and the more than occasional unordered tidbits. His seafood is always the freshest and his execution of sushi, sashimi and other traditional dishes is always tasteful ( & tasty) and artistic. A shame to eat such edible art, that is until you do then you're glad you did!! It's all delicious, from raw fish to Japanese pop! Never a miss dining here!!!

• Visited March 2014
comox valley, bc
“Still the best place for sushi on Vancouver Island”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

this tiny place continues to have the freshest, tastiest, and best value sushi. Better then anything I've even tried in Vancouver. Sam and the staff are very friendly and treat everyone like good friends. I try to eat here at least once a week and have never been disappointed. I also love that I can buy really good soba noodles, panko, soy sauce, and japanese mayo here. Keep up the good work!

• Visited October 2013
Comox, Canada
“All Rice, very little fish”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Just tried this place for the 1st time. Ordered the Valley roll 5 pieces $8.75. It was O.K. however I felt very ripped off. The roll was 80% rice and had very little seafood. You could barely see the salmon lox and hardly and real crab meat. The Miso soup was good, they charge extra for Tea. Not used to this because Tea is free everywhere in Vancouver at any sushi place. Also had a spicy tuna roll, no cucumber or anything in the roll to add some crunch or flavour, just a small amount of not so spicy tuna in a maki roll.I will not be going back.

• Visited February 2014