“Poor Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Westwood Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Swan River
Westwood Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Swan River
Steinbach
“Poor Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel in August of 2013. We arrived in our room about two hours after booking the room and the tempurature in the room was at least 26. It was hot and stuffy and we asked the front desk if there was another cooler room and the only option we were given was to move into a different room but there was no guarentee that the room would be cooler. When I asked why they had not turned on the ac when we booked the room, the front desk staff replied that they were saving energy. We contacted other hotels in the area and they were booked or only had $150 per night rooms left so we decided to turn on the wall unit AC in our room and head down to the pool to cool off. In the end I would guess that our room cooled down to about 23 degrees.

The pool area is in serious need of a cleaning. The foam in the hot tub was brown and there was garbage on the tables. The liner in the pool is coming off the bottom of the pool and is dirty.

We did not qualify for a free breakfast as they do not include Sunday in this deal.

The only good thing about the hotel is the bed was very comfortable. We did recieve a $40 discount off the room but it was not enough for us to ever stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

I am totally disgusted by the rooms, attitude of the staff, and poor quality of food. Wifi did not work. I am surprised that this place is even open. Swimming pool is just gross. I can't think if anything positive to say. The super 8 is cleaner and they appreciate your business

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Saskratchurass
Manitoba
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Like other reviewers, I was a bit dissapointed on the bathroom facilities being old, when they had updated the room. They had a "pool" birthday party happening which would be fine....however why do they not have these parties in the down time between check out and check in time... that way it is win win...the hotel can rent the pool area..and if the party is to be finished by check in time the guest can swim in a more peaceful fashion. In addition if poolside you are locked in your room by 10:00pm and cannot use the sitting area outside your room or the pool till the next morning....Also the carpet at the doorway out to the pool was soaking wet in my room...I would have thought the cleaning staff would have noticed it......it was 6 feet into the room

At check in it appeared I was a intrusion...hardly a smile...oh well next time will be looking at other accomodations....

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Burns Lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

I'm a consultant and have been travelling for the past 15 years. I've stayed at 3,4, and 5 star hotels. The food at most places is very expensive and the serving per plate is mostly very small. At the Westwood, I experienced fine dining, bigger serving per plate at a very reasonable cost. Their food is great. I also found all the staff very friendly.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay on the outside away from the pool. The hotel seems to have had a renovation. The be...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Renovated bedroom but bathroom still outdated and in VERY poor condition.There were 3 filthy towels, the clean ones were old and discolored. Despite the renovation, the linens on the new looking beds were filthy so I had to sleep on top of the sheets. The hotel still uses keys for rooms. The only real plus was that guests are given a complimentary breakfast voucher for the diner that is in the hotel. The complimentary voucher included bacon/ham/sausage, eggs, toast, hashbrowns, a slice or two of fruit, and coffee. Room has a large mini-fridge which is a plus but the cleanliness of the rooms left much to be desired. I will likely stay at the Super 8 a few buildings down next time.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here for a weekend wedding. We found this place just perfect for our needs. The room is smaller in size but the hotel is older. I haven't stayed in a hotel that uses actual keys to enter the room instead of a keycard. At least we couldn't zap it with our cell phones. The room came with a large inroom fridge, new flat screen tv, newer beds that are soft and comfortable. We had no problem with the beds. The airconditioner is smaller and they keep it shut off when the room is not booked. With the windows opened and the sun shining in, the room was extremely warm when we entered and it took several hours for the airconditioner to cool the room off to make it comfortable for sleeping. Our first night was warm but with the blinds closed and the airconditioner on for the next day, our next night was more comfortable. The pool was great and while the slide may be in a spiral, the kids that were in the pool were having a great time. The hot tub was clean and the perfect temperature. It is smaller so after 4 adults, there isn't a lot of room for others. If you have a pool side room, they have it set up to give each room a section with table and four chairs. For parents with kids, it is a great place to sit and watch the activity happening. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It isn't a 5 star ritzy place but for families, it offers a great place to unwind. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant do to the wedding but there is a restaurant and a bar. The bar seems far enough away that it does not interfere with the guests in the hotel.

Room Tip: If you are coming in the summer time, when you make your reservation, request that they either close...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Hawley, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

In an era of people seeing out things that are "classic and vintage" the Westwood fits right in. Although the hotel is showing its age the accomidations were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly. The pool was warm and entertained myself and my 5 year old son for hours. I was presently surprised when I flipped open my laptop and it found a strong wireless signal from the Westwood. It's not new and frilly but it is a nice comfortable stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank North2Canada

Been to Westwood Inn? Share your experiences!