“beware! $355 damage for small melt mark on mini fridge!”
Review of Westwood Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Swan River
Westwood Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Swan River
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“beware! $355 damage for small melt mark on mini fridge!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I am appalled and totally disgusted with this hotel. They never even had the decency to contact me personally, instead they charged my company who then deducted off my pay! If they had a plugin in the bathroom I wouldn't have had to plugin my curling iron in the room where they mounted their hair dryers! The only place to set it was on the mini fridge. It was accidentally tipped over and left a melt mark on there plastic mini fridge. So I was charged $355 for this. I have stayed in numerious hotels all over MB,SK,AB and BC. Most were a higher class that this one. I have never in the past 12 years EVER got so much as a complaint from any of them! There is a much nicer Super 8 here, that is where I will be staying from now on!

Room Tip: Super 8 down the road
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank E S

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Portage la Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Once upon a time, this was probably a nice place. From the website, we expected it to be nicer than it was. On the plus side, the bed and linens were good, the place was clean and the staff was friendly. But the decor is dated and odd (the hair dryer is behind our TV, I kid you not). The pool area is very run down. The pool itself seems clean enough but everything else is in very poor repair. Rooms are small. If you want a fridge be sure to ask for it because they do have some but not in every room. Tim Horton's is just down the road which is handy because the in room coffee maker makes poor quality coffee. If I was coming back to Swan River, I would try some place else.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Beth K
Manitoba
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My son and I stayed here recently and would probably stay again. Our room was partially renovated with newer beds, carpet and tv. Bathroom was functional and clean, but is dated. Only hotel in town with a pool but pool area needs maintenance and ventilation! Restaurant and food was good but lounge needs updating. Staff were friendly and helpful. With guest room bath and pool area renovation, this place would be really nice. Still a decent place to stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SteinerLL
Portage la Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2014

6 snowmobilers in my group, three rooms pool side. Excellent beds, great service, excellent food, Discounted costs for snowmobilers, Hot tub extra hot. Staff very good; prompt service for any thing we asked ie; turn on water slide even though only about 8 rooms booked in middle of week. They have a bar, restaurant, lots of parking for trucks,trailers and snowmobiles plus they are right on the groomed trail. Rooms could use a little tlc as Bathroom Fans are old and noisy when running and carpet could use replacing and minor repairs could be finished by their maintenance man. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Atchiso
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This place is the best. I miss it all the time. The slide is fun, The hot tub is nice and they let you drink and hang out in it. The restaurant is good and the bar is dark and dingy and has off sales. Just the way I like it. The beds are amazing! Staff is nice. If only they had laundry machines.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nigel E
Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stay here when other option is not available, as don't feel quite as comfortable for some reason. Rooms are clean, but ones I've stayed in are definitely older. Using Keys seems a little strange in this day and age, but okay. Pool available, and used it once. Was warm and busy at that time! Staff have always been friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lynda D
Steinbach
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel in August of 2013. We arrived in our room about two hours after booking the room and the tempurature in the room was at least 26. It was hot and stuffy and we asked the front desk if there was another cooler room and the only option we were given was to move into a different room but there was no guarentee that the room would be cooler. When I asked why they had not turned on the ac when we booked the room, the front desk staff replied that they were saving energy. We contacted other hotels in the area and they were booked or only had $150 per night rooms left so we decided to turn on the wall unit AC in our room and head down to the pool to cool off. In the end I would guess that our room cooled down to about 23 degrees.

The pool area is in serious need of a cleaning. The foam in the hot tub was brown and there was garbage on the tables. The liner in the pool is coming off the bottom of the pool and is dirty.

We did not qualify for a free breakfast as they do not include Sunday in this deal.

The only good thing about the hotel is the bed was very comfortable. We did recieve a $40 discount off the room but it was not enough for us to ever stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Been to Westwood Inn? Share your experiences!