“Good Food - Marginal Service”

Family Fisheries Restaurant & Take Out
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family Fisheries restaurant Campobello Island serves the freshest seafood. Lobsters, clams, scallops, shrimp and more! Expertly prepared and served to your table. We also have dinners from the land as well as; appetizers, sandwiches, wraps, burgers and homemade desserts. Eat in or take out. You can also buy live lobsters and other fresh seafood from our market to take home. Open everyday..See you at Family Fisheries Campobello Island! Hours: (7 days a week) mid-April to mid-June 11:30-8:00 Atlantic mid-June to mid-September extended hrs 11:30-9:00 Atlantic mid-September to mid-October 11:30-8:00 Atlantic
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We ate here during our stay on the island rather than go back across the border. Unfortunately, there are very limited choices of restaurants on the island. I thought the food was good but, not great as I thought it should have been considering where we were. I ordered the lobster dinner. The lobster was hard to remove from the shell so it could have maybe cooked longer. My wife had fish and chips. They were just ok. The homemade blueberry pie with ice cream was good. The service was not that great. Seemed like the locals get all the attention. With island population dwindling they may want to consider treating the tourists a little better.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

When we got home and were checking our credit card statement, found we had been charged for 3 different meals here at this restaurant when we only ate there for one time @ lunch. Credit card company took care of the problem for us. The charges shown on the statement showed different days beyond the day we actually were there. So if if were possible to give this a "no" rating, I would have.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Just about everything in Lubec was closed for Labor Day so we ventured out in the pouring rain to this modest place. My husband ordered pan-fried scallops and I ordered my scallops broiled. They were wonderful and the potato salad was tasty. My husband's fries were a huge portion and were served hot. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We chose the medium size serving at $11.99. A fantastic bargain given the night before my husband paid $26 for a much inferior smaller portion at the Wharf in Lubec. We topped off our meal with blueberry sundaes at $3.99 each. Service was quick and our server was very pleasant. A nice alternative to the slow service with mediocre food places in Lubec. Loved it!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I stopped in around 3:30 in the afternoon for a snack and we were surprised to find the place was nearly full. Our server was friendly and helpful. My husband ordered a Tollhouse cookie with a hot fudge sundae on top. The cookies was served warm. he said it was chewy and really delicious. I think I had him beat though because I had a piece of raspberry pie, also warmed and made right there, with ice cream. It was the most tender and flakiest crust I have ever eaten. And I really love to order pie. They had so many choices!. Coconut Cream. Blueberry. Raspberry. and Blueberry Cream. Also on the menu was Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce, Carrot Cake and Blueberry Sundaes.
So, while out on Campobello, if you are hungry in the afternoon, go for dessert. If you go for a meal, save room for dessert!
Oh, they have a screen porch for outdoor seating but we didn't realize it until we had already eaten.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This unpretentious restaurant located halfway up Campobello Island was a real find. On a bicycle tour of the area, we found the food here to be the best seafood of the whole 5 day trip. The lobster stew was fab, and the two who had the lobster roll were ecstatic. And, the prices were fair, and the service prompt.

1  Thank David R