“Good Food, Great Service, Large Portions, Reasonable Prices”

Family Fisheries Restaurant & Take Out
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family Fisheries restaurant Campobello Island serves the freshest seafood. Lobsters, clams, scallops, shrimp and more! Expertly prepared and served to your table. We also have dinners from the land as well as; appetizers, sandwiches, wraps, burgers and homemade desserts. Eat in or take out. You can also buy live lobsters and other fresh seafood from our market to take home. Open everyday..See you at Family Fisheries Campobello Island! Hours: (7 days a week) mid-April to mid-June 11:30-8:00 Atlantic mid-June to mid-September extended hrs 11:30-9:00 Atlantic mid-September to mid-October 11:30-8:00 Atlantic
Chesley, Ontario, Canada
“Good Food, Great Service, Large Portions, Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stopped by this restaurant on Aug. 8/13, while visiting the island. It looked folksy and friendly from the road, and it didn't disappoint. Very folksy and simple on the inside, but clean and comfortable. Of my party of 3, I was the only one who wanted seafood (travelling with teenagers!). I had not had a down-east dinner of deep fried clams in years (possibly decades), so that's what I ordered. They were great (far from healthy, but Great!). The kids had other entrees and also really enjoyed their meals. Nothing fancy, but obviously freshly prepared, very tasty and generous portions served by very pleasant staff. And the prices, very reasonable. Not fine dining, but good, and good value!

1 Thank John_from_Chesley

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Terrific dinner followed by one of the best blueberry pies on the planet”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Keeping in mind that the selections for dinner are limited on this small island, (Only one other option on the island or clear customs and do dinner in Lubec Maine) I still think the food and value are excellent, we stayed on the island for 2 nights and ate there each night. The entree's we enjoyed, shrimp and salmon were very good. Our waitress was pleasant and served our meals with a smile. By far the best experience was their blueberry pie, I am told it is home made. It shows!

I was very pleased and recommend it without reservation. Note: This is a BYOB establishment with a tip charged added.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank George S
Jaffrey, New Hampshire
“Found it in May returned with Bride of 27 years in August”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was on a camping trip on motorcycle in May of this year and stopped to eat and had a great meal served by a friendly waitress. The family style restraint made me feel right at home. I was really amazed at the prices. I am a person who likes to get his meal for a reasonable price. I was so impressed I changed the end of my vacation trip with my wife so that she could enjoy the food and service of this restaurant. When my wife was at the table she let me know that the lobster chowder and lobster roll was the best she had the whole trip. We had been on the coast of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. When the meal was finished my wife had a piece of Whoppie pie cake. As we rode down the road on the motorcycle she could not stop talking about how good everything was. Thank You Family Fisheries Restaurant & Take-Out for making the experience wonderful.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Good Food - Marginal Service”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We ate here during our stay on the island rather than go back across the border. Unfortunately, there are very limited choices of restaurants on the island. I thought the food was good but, not great as I thought it should have been considering where we were. I ordered the lobster dinner. The lobster was hard to remove from the shell so it could have maybe cooked longer. My wife had fish and chips. They were just ok. The homemade blueberry pie with ice cream was good. The service was not that great. Seemed like the locals get all the attention. With island population dwindling they may want to consider treating the tourists a little better.

Macon, Georgia
“No problem with the food but...”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

When we got home and were checking our credit card statement, found we had been charged for 3 different meals here at this restaurant when we only ate there for one time @ lunch. Credit card company took care of the problem for us. The charges shown on the statement showed different days beyond the day we actually were there. So if if were possible to give this a "no" rating, I would have.

Visited October 2012