“Happily, The Name Speaks Volumes”

Family Fisheries Restaurant & Take Out
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family Fisheries restaurant Campobello Island serves the freshest seafood. Lobsters, clams, scallops, shrimp and more! Expertly prepared and served to your table. We also have dinners from the land as well as; appetizers, sandwiches, wraps, burgers and homemade desserts. Eat in or take out. You can also buy live lobsters and other fresh seafood from our market to take home. Open everyday..See you at Family Fisheries Campobello Island! Hours: (7 days a week) mid-April to mid-June 11:30-8:00 Atlantic mid-June to mid-September extended hrs 11:30-9:00 Atlantic mid-September to mid-October 11:30-8:00 Atlantic
Reviewed 8 September 2013

You can rely on the name "Family" to assure that it is the perfect place to bring your entire family, including the kid who hates fish, the obsessive aunt who hates fried foods, the compulsive uncle who loves large portions, and the obsessive-compulsive niece who eats only mini-salads. This spot serves everything from the best baked haddock to the crispiest fried clams; the most unique lobster chef's salad to the traditional boiled crustacean (served with REAL and warm butter), and homemade desserts of which culinary myths are born and guaranteed to tempt even that obsessive-compulsive, min-salad eating niece. The word "Family" in the name refern not only to your family, but also to the owner's family, i.e., grandmother, daughters, granddaughters, and - are you ready? - great-granddaughter. The fish is guaranteed to be fresh by the grandfather who buys them personally to be served in the restaurant and also sold in the attached fish market. Now there are families and there are families ... the family who bought, cooked, and served your meal are quite obviously - from their friendly manner and smiles - most clearly happy campers. As for yours? If they entered the Family Fisheries Restaurant tired, hungry, and not-altogether happy, I personally guarantee they will leave refreshed, culinarily (is that a word?) satisfied, and most definitely happy campers. Lunch or dinner; fried or baked; fish or meat; salad or mini-salad; the Family Fisheries Restaurant and Take-Out is a restaurant you will want to return to many times while you're on Campobello Island. If, alas, you must leave this brilliant gem on the Bay of Fundy, you will attempt to figure out a way to arrange a return visit, if only for this restaurant. My only frustration is that Tripadvisor provides only five stars maximum ... this one deserves more.

There are newer reviews for Family Fisheries Restaurant & Take Out

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Ate lobster here on couples trip and this small restaurant met expectations for what lobster should be in the home of lobster. The prices were very reasonable and lobster cooked perfectly. Desert of blueberry pie was good, not great. If you want wine take your own with $2 corkage. Closes early at 8, be there 30 minutes before closing to order lobster. I would certainly recommend the lobster and clam chowder, and would go again.

1  Thank dmckown
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stopped by this restaurant on Aug. 8/13, while visiting the island. It looked folksy and friendly from the road, and it didn't disappoint. Very folksy and simple on the inside, but clean and comfortable. Of my party of 3, I was the only one who wanted seafood (travelling with teenagers!). I had not had a down-east dinner of deep fried clams in years (possibly decades), so that's what I ordered. They were great (far from healthy, but Great!). The kids had other entrees and also really enjoyed their meals. Nothing fancy, but obviously freshly prepared, very tasty and generous portions served by very pleasant staff. And the prices, very reasonable. Not fine dining, but good, and good value!

1  Thank John_from_Chesley
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Keeping in mind that the selections for dinner are limited on this small island, (Only one other option on the island or clear customs and do dinner in Lubec Maine) I still think the food and value are excellent, we stayed on the island for 2 nights and ate there each night. The entree's we enjoyed, shrimp and salmon were very good. Our waitress was pleasant and served our meals with a smile. By far the best experience was their blueberry pie, I am told it is home made. It shows!

I was very pleased and recommend it without reservation. Note: This is a BYOB establishment with a tip charged added.

1  Thank George S
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was on a camping trip on motorcycle in May of this year and stopped to eat and had a great meal served by a friendly waitress. The family style restraint made me feel right at home. I was really amazed at the prices. I am a person who likes to get his meal for a reasonable price. I was so impressed I changed the end of my vacation trip with my wife so that she could enjoy the food and service of this restaurant. When my wife was at the table she let me know that the lobster chowder and lobster roll was the best she had the whole trip. We had been on the coast of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. When the meal was finished my wife had a piece of Whoppie pie cake. As we rode down the road on the motorcycle she could not stop talking about how good everything was. Thank You Family Fisheries Restaurant & Take-Out for making the experience wonderful.