“The Best Day”

Whales-n-Sails Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail with the whales of Canada's world famous Bay of Fundy. The waters around Grand Manan Island are home to many whales every summer from June to September. Lots of whales and seabirds and seals and sharks and great coastal scenery, too!
Scituate, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Best Day”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This was a fabulous experience. We saw many whales and learned much about the area around Grand Manan and its wildlife. Sarah, the captain, was so great and so capable. Laurie, the marine biologist, knew the whales by name. Great chowder was served on the return trip. You couldn't ask for more. We would recommend this trip highly.

Moncton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Aug 25th trip”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Great time. Amazing to see so many whales plus other marine life. Thank-you for making our first trip to Grand Manan a memorable experience.

1 Thank Dave H
Madison, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Loved seeing the whales, wished for more education”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Whales N' Sails came highly recommended, and I will concur that it is a memorable and worthwhile way to spend a gorgeous day in the Bay of Fundy. Seeing whales was the primary reason we chose to visit Grand Manan, although the island proved to be a delight in so many other ways. We were thrilled to see Finback and Humpback whales. To see these magnificent animals up close was a dream come true. However, we were both disappointed that there was not more of an educational focus. I agree with others that the naturalist seemed uninterested in answering questions. When she did, half the boat could not hear what she had to say, and I was craning my ears. I would have loved to learn more about the Bay of Fundy, and the wildlife who live here. So, if you are seeking an educational trip, you may want to check elsewhere. however, if your goal is to see whales as you sit aboard a lovely sailboat, sipping a hot drink or delicious chowder, then you'll love this trip. Do not worry about seasickness, either. The ride is very smooth.

1 Thank seg94
Gouldsboro
“Great trip August 23, 2014”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had a wonderful trip on Sunday August 23, 2014. Great crew, lots of fun and lots of whales. Got some great photos to share with family and friends. Hoping to get back and do it again next year.
Gary & Jeanne Edwards
Sullivan, Maine

Sutton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Crowded”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had great hopes for this whale watching excursion but in the end was a little disappointed. The boat was overcrowded and it was often not easy to see the "sights". I am sure that the amount of people on board was not over their maximum allowable but even so it felt crowded. I missed seeing several things because I couldn't see over peoples' heads. This is a family business and the owner Alan and his daughter Captain Sarah were charming and did their best to ensure everyone enjoyed themselves. They even had the granddaughters helping out. Chowder is served on the return trip to Grand Manan - a nice touch. The naturalist could have been a bit friendlier - got the feeling that it was coming to the end of the season and she was fed up answering the same questions over and over again. My next trip to Grand Manan I will try another whale watching company.

2 Thank JS787
ALLAN M, Owner at Whales-n-Sails Adventures, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Sorry you had difficulty seeing the whales. I will admit that it sometimes does require some moving back and forth depending on which side the whales are on. I do try to identify folks who may be having difficulty seeing/moving and work to see that they get situated. Sorry if I missed you.

In our defense, with the 360 degree access/view around the boat, this is the best boat in our area to see from.....no cabins or obstructions that are found on the other boats in the area.

My job is not to meet your expectations...it is to exceed them! Seems we failed this time. Hope you will give us a try again if/when you are in the area again.