“Very good deal”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Miramichi
New England
“Very good deal”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

You will find a very easy check-in with a friendly staff. The motel is on two floors with direct access from car to room on the ground and hallway access above. Be very clear that you do not want a first-floor room near the stairway; the doors close very loudly.

My upstairs room was large with a big window looking out to a balcony. Lighting was the poorest I have seen in a modern motel. There was a floor lamp on one side of one bed and nothing else. The other bed had no light and no control over the lamp. The bed was very comfortable. The TV was a 32” flat panel with a printed channel guide and lots of channels. This is very rare in motels at this price range in New Brunswick.

The bathroom was a good size, but, as usual, lacked counter space. The tub was great with the new curved shower rod that I like. The water is very hot.

The room did not have a microwave; I suppose you could hike down to the breakfast room and use the one there. The refrigerator was too noisy to run at night. Wi-Fi signal strength was good. The breakfast was also good, especially since many New Brunswick motels in this price range don’t offer one.

I recommend this motel for the staff, the quality of the room, and the reasonable cost.

Scooper47’s top tips: 1. Do not accept rooms 214 to 217. They are directly underneath a loud motor, most likely something to do with ventilation.

2. If you like Korean cooking, or have never tried it, consider eating at the attached restaurant. I was very pleased with my meal and with not having to go out.

3. There is a very nice public park along the river just down from the parking lot and to the left. A very pleasant evening stroll.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank scooper47
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Hi my dear guest
Thank you very much for your professional review.
Your review is really helpful for me and our staff since it gives us a lot of tips to maintain this hotel more properly. And I also appreciate your recommendation of our hotel to our would-be guests. I wish you had a nice holiday season.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We where their the second week of July on our motorbike for one night. The staff at the hotel where very friendly and also at Chatters. The food at chatters is very good and great prices. We loved it so much we stayed one more night and ate at chatters again!

Kelly and Dave from Fredericton N.B.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello my dear guest
Waht a nice review it is! Thank you very much.
I am so happy because you really enjoyed your stay at our hotel and much more at our Pub and Eatery. You must have loved our restaurant better than our hotel.
Thanks again, and i hope i will see you soon.
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

We booked two rooms for two nights. Both rooms were clean and spacious. Staff (especially while checking-in) was very friendly, polite and helpful.
We had dinner both nights at the restaurant Chatter's Pub & Eatery next to the Hotel. Also there very friendly staff, good food to reasonable price! Can recommend both places!

• Stayed July 2013
Hello my dear guest
I really appreciate your nice recommendation of choosing our hotel and Chatter's Pub & Eatery.
We have been trying our best to keep our property clean and neat and our pub's foods fresh and tasty. Of course, we are going to try our best to make our guests satisfied.
Again I thank you for your nice review. Have a nice summer season and see you soon.
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I found this hotel very comfortable although it does need some minor improvements. I stayed on the second floor and the hallway does need paint and new carpet and the rooms need some upgrades. There are very comfortable as is but upgrades are needed and in the works according to Jason, one of the owners. In fact, while he was telling me about the upgrades, a little at a time as he put it, he showed me a huge box full of curtains that will be going up. I would recommend staying here and would also recommend eating at the attached restaurant which used to be called City Square but is now called Chatters Pub & Eatery….absolutely delisious!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Hi my dear friend.
Thank you very much for your good review.
Yes, we are doing our renovation slowly but continuously.
In summer seaso, however, we couldn't try bigrenovation because it is a busy season.
Maybe, this fall we will do a good amount of renos again.
I wish you had a nice summer hoilday season and i hope that I will see you soon.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Just stayed here last weekend. Would recommend for value, comfort,cleanliness +friendly staff.My husband +I were on a road trip too N.B. for leisure found this hotel on the trip advisor site. Very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Hello ma'am
Our staff and I were really happy when we read that you were really satisfied with us.
It is natural for us to do our best to make our guests' stay happy and comfortable.
We heartily appreciate to your warm review and wish you have a nice summer holidays.

Jae at Econo Lodge Miramichi
Gaspe, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2013

There was an inordinate amount of noise outside at 10:00PM and later, and nothing was done about it. Garbage on the floors of the hotel room upon arriving. People were yelling outside and smoking marijuana. Cursing, as well as drinking in the parking lot. Will not return to an Econolodge again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hello my dear guest
I am really sorry for your inconvenience which you experienced at our hotel.
And I propmise we will continuously try not to make this kind of unpleasant things happen again. And I really appreciate you for your review because it reminded me of one important and
precious tip to manage this hotel. I wish you had a nice summer season.
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This was our second stay in three months and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is very centrally located and handy to most attractions and amenities. The room was of a good size and very clean, and also equipped with a flat-screen which I thought was quite unusual for accommodation in this category. Conveniently, the newly named on-site restaurant serves up an excellent menu combination of western and asian-fusion foods, which is a must-try. The folks are very friendly and hospitable, and you would also find the owner about the property meeting with guests. They have definitely done an excellent, ongoing job revamping the property! It was a very pleasant stay for us and will not hesitate to return whenever we visit the Miramichi.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello my friend
What a great gift your review is! I really appreciate your nice present.
Whenever I read nice reviews from my guests, I gain more energy to do my best.
Only when the guests are satisfied, I always think, we are also able to be happy.
and you made us really happy. Thank you again.
I wish you a happy and healthy summer season. See you soon.

Jae at Econo Lodge Miramichi