“Perfect location for Bay of Fundy and Fundy trail”

Salmon River B and B Ltd
Ranked #2 of 4 St. Martins B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I've spent 4 nights at Salmon river b&b. Mike and Barb make wonderful hosts and they went oit of their way to ensure I had a pleasant stay.
Location is perfect for exploring the bay, and the food is delicious :-)

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank DDumitru

Reviewed 18 September 2010

We kind of found the place by accident--what a find. Barb and Mike exemplify the best of the B & B World. It is a real bonus to have a restaurant as part of the B & B, as other food options in this gateway to the Fundy Coast are minimal. We enjoyed every single moment of our stay with the Fiori's at the Salmon River B & B.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bensuncity
Reviewed 7 September 2010

This B&B is great value: the people are friendly, rooms are clean and modern, and the restaurant serves meals that are a definite notch above normal restaurant fair. This B&B will be my choice when I return to this beautiful area of NB.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChemistSaskatoon
Reviewed 6 September 2010

You might drive by the Salmon River B & B based on external appearances, please don't! This is a REAL find, The rates are very reasonable and include an enormous breakfast from their menu. Barb and Mike Fiori are gracious hosts and restauranteurs - their specialty is Mexican. We ate more burritos than lobster. Both Barb and Mike love to cook and bake - the desserts were delicious chocolate cake - best we've ever had ! (the cake made especially fmade or our group's birthday celebration - thank you Barb!) and death by chocolate among other scrumptious options. Our group of four thoroughly enjoyed the 3rd floor common room and balcony while also weathering out Hurricane Earl and witnessed a vibrant rainbow over the sea caves. The rooms are very comfortable and they've done alot of tasteful renovations - a self-proclaimed labor of love. It is within walking distance of the sea caves at low tide and a short drive to the Fundy Trail - don't miss it. We came as "strangers and left as friends" as their restaurant sign welcomes.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank TyandKaren
Reviewed 2 September 2010

We didn't spend the night, but a person at the information kiosk near the beach recommended this B & B as a great place for breakfast while we waited for the tide to go out to visit the caves and Fundy Trail. The food was fantastic - very fresh and nicely prepared. It was a nice surprise to find Mexican breakfast items on the menu. The proprietors were very welcoming and gracious and gave us a tour of their beautiful B & B after we ate. It was very clean and nicely decorated with a beautiful ocean view from the 3rd floor common room and deck. We would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay while in St. Martins!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SpacecoastResident
Reviewed 10 July 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Salmon River Bed and Breakfast and I must say that Barb and Mike made us feel very welcomed right from the time I made the initial phone call to inquire about booking our stay. They both work very hard and go out of their way to make things the way you want them. First of all, the location is very breath taking---watching the tide go in and out was amazing---we were just feet away!! We were also within walking distance from the sea caves. The Fundy Provincial Park which is literally "out of this world" was a very short drive away. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We weren't missing a thing. It was very convient having the restaurant right there on the premisses with indoor and outdoor seating available. Of course breakfast was included and we got to order anything we wanted off the menu. The choices were plentiful and the breakfast was amazing...we even got a surprise breakfast appetizer while waiting for our main course. Coffee was awesome and readily available. Barb and Mike are very willing to go out of their way to accomodate any special requests. We would definitely stay here again. St. Martins is a quiet little town and it is only about 30 minutes from St. John which also has much to offer. We definitely recommend Salmon River B & B to anyone looking for comfort, convience and a very warm, friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 155021Mary
Reviewed 20 March 2010

I came to St. Martins to visit family, and they recommended I stay at Salmon River. The location is incredible, literally a stone's throw from the ocean. The hosts, Barb and Mike, were very friendly and accommodating. The room itself was comfortable and inviting; the bathroom was perfect, the bed comfortable, but the best part of all for me was the view. From my room I could look directly out to the ocean, and when I opened the windows the smell of the water and the sound of the waves were peaceful and soothing. Everything about the place is gorgeous, with subtle, detailed touches here and there that really put the icing on the cake.

I was so impressed by the environment and overnight experience, and breakfast the next morning was just as wonderful. The dining room is open early in the morning and only closes for a few hours late in the afternoon before dinner service begins. I didn't have to rush out of bed to make sure I got my meal, which was a great benefit. I was able to lounge around, enjoy the common room, take a morning walk along the beach and take my time, just relaxing, without having to worry being confined to a schedule. The food was great, I really liked the home fries, and my eggs were cooked perfectly; it was so good I ended up coming back for dinner (which included some knock-out Mexican food - Barb's homemade green chili is to die for!). Barb waits tables while Mike cooks, and they took time to talk to me and let me know about the area, make recommendations about the town and surrounding areas. They suggested a walk to the sea caves, about ten minutes from the B&B, which I highly recommend. They were really a joy to be around, you can tell they love what they're doing.

I had a great experience at Salmon River, and would recommend it to anyone traveling in the area. Personally, next time I'm in New Brunswick I plan to go out of my way to spend at least a night there. It was the absolute highlight of my vacation, and I can't speak of it highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Gardner Creek
Rothesay Motel
Rothesay Motel
#1 of 1 in Rothesay

Been to Salmon River B and B Ltd? Share your experiences!