“Lovely spot and very welcoming place to stay”

and 1 more site!
Salmon River B and B Ltd
Ranked #2 of 4 St. Martins B&B and Inns
Uk
“Lovely spot and very welcoming place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Mike and Barb made us feel at home!
Great breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

We recently spent several days at Salmon River BnB in St. Martins New Bruswick. Once again we booked our accomodations according to a review I found on tripadvisor. We were NOT disappointed. The food was excellant and well priced, the owners: Barb and Mike were friendly and very interested in making sure everything was to our liking. Our room had a very comfortable bed, nice linens and towels with a super shower and a view of the ocean, which is 1 minute from the BnB. Breakfast was included with the cost of the adequately priced room. What a breakfast...delicious burettos, omlettes, pancakes, waffles etc. Everything is homemade and was excellant. I had to have the bacon wrapped scallops two nights in a row they were so good!. The walk to the harbour was about 10 min. and it is a short drive to the Fundy Trail Parkway, which has beautiful trials, drives, biking and an Interpretive Centre. We also spent a morning kayaking in the harbour and went out to the sea caves with a group recommended on Salmom River's web site. The guide, Bob is a retired teacher and he was very accomodating for beginners. Excellant experience for young or old. I would highly recommend this BnB.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Croton on Hudson, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

Spotlessly clean, great food. conveniently located.
PLUS a warm welcome from Mike and Barb!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

We visited during Old Home Week so they were very busy. Our room was the Mildred Brown, conveniently located on the first floor. I'd inquired ahead about a hairdryer. There wasn't one in the room so I had to borrow Barb's. We enjoyed being able to choose our breakfasts from an extensive menu. The food was excellent. We also ate dinner there. The service was slow because they were packed, but it was good to relax at the end of a strenuous day of hiking.

Room Tip: The Mildred Brown was fine. I think some of the upstairs rooms had a view of the water. We forgot...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Strathroy, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

When I last read the reviews of this place there were 6 very positive and one very negative. Well, this place isn't perfect but I don't know why those people were so negative. This is a bit like a B&B attached to a restaurant. My room was clean, neat and tidy, and quiet. I am a klutz and couldn't figure out the TV. The owner had shown me the room and how to operate the TV, but no luck. They were so busy in the restaurant I didn't want to bother them about it.

The restaurant has a huge menu for breakfast, you will have the most choice ever for your meal. Some of the items are tex-mex but there are many things like pancakes and waffles and there is a huge fisherman's breakfast. I am always a bit leery of a place with a long list of items but the Mexican scramble was good. Service is a bit of a problem. It appears that the waitresses have to do some of the food prep which takes them off the floor for too long. When I first arrived, they were just finishing up a very busy breakfast (full house) and the waitress who finally appeared seemed a bit inexperienced and ignored me. I was about to leave when the owner, Mike, came out and got things organized. They are open to 12:30 for lunch and again in the evening. Again, in the evening service was a bit hit and miss, there were only 12 in the restaurant. I thought initially the problem was not having an experienced waitperson but in fact I think it is the food prep out back that is resulting in not enough attention to customers. Anyway, this is not a big complaint.
The B&B is close to caves caused by the tides which were interesting but also to the Fundy Parkway (not Fundy Ntl Park) which is spectacular! I will do a review of that separately.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

After our trip t o Maine we decided to head up to St. Martins, NB - we were only going to stay for 1 night but loved it so much, we decided to stay another night and wish we would have stayed longer. Salmon River B&B was so cozy and the food was better than my own mom's home cooking - I especially loved the salmon and the breakfasts were so yummy. The room we had was nicely decorated. quiet, and we had a great view of the ocean just stepping out the door. My favorite part of the trip was coming up to St. Martins, exploring the sea caves and kayaking those some caves at high tide, hiking the Fundy trail, etc. I highly recommend Salmon River B&B and am already thinking about coming back next year and exploring the rest of the Fundy coast after stopping at Salmon River B&B.
Marilyn and Mary Jo from Milwaukee, WI

Room Tip: I saw all of the rooms and they were all as nicely decorated as ours - Capt. Carson Room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Denver CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

My wife and I like smaller communities so we went straight through St. John and then traveled down to St. Martins on the Bay of Fundy. Luckily we found Barb and Mike's wonderful B&B. Mike showed us to our choice of rooms that have been recently renovated. The rates were very reasonable, dinner delicious, and they were so friendly! The 3rd floor common room with views was delightful. The included breakfast the next day was outstanding! We wish we'd had more time to stay. It is in a beautiful location on the edge of the bay and Mike and Barb know all about the area and the history. We highly recommend it for anyone traveling near the Bay of Fundy. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Even though the building is old, the renovated rooms are spotless and look like new.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Gardner Creek
Hampton Bed & Breakfast
Hampton Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 2 in Hampton

Been to Salmon River B and B Ltd? Share your experiences!