“Seaview Cottages”
Review of Seaview Cottages

Seaview Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastport
Seaview Cottages
St. John's, Canada
“Seaview Cottages”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

All my requests were treated fairly and staff was friendly during our stay. I stayed with my 2 kids in a 1 bedroom cabin and had a great time. The 1 bedroom was sm but we don't go to eastport to stay inside. The bathroom/bedroom and kitchen was clean. We really enjoyed that our fire pit was right outside our front door and we could see the beach from our deck.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JHC238

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ontario
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked two cottages for a family trip for 6 people. When we arrived they had only reserved one cottage for us, so we had to quickly find another place for the rest of the family to stay. As mentioned in other reviews, the place was really run down and smelled horrible. The noise was also really bad - our two bedroom cottage was attached to another two bedroom. We could hear everything that they said and the door banged and woke us up whenever the neighbor decided to leave (which was often). When we went to checkout the next morning (9 AM), there was no manager and no one at the desk ... no one to be found anywhere! Overall a horrible, horrible experience!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank NFLD_Hiker

Travellers are raving about these Eastport hotels

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The cabin had an awful smell, the pull out cot had the springs popping out. The linens they gave us for the pull out cot were well worn tissue paper thin, it would not hurt them to purchase new linens. We will never stay there again or recommend this to anyone .I wish I had read these reviews before we went there, I know why there is no refunds, because most people would want one, we certainly would have.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank wdbee
Grand Falls Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The booking experience was enough to almost turn me away. A group of four professionals in our late 20s were planning on going to Eastport. After having trouble finding a place I called Seaview. Whoever I spoke to on the phone made me feel as though I were an adolescent booking for an outrageous party. After having to pretty much convince her we would be good tenants I booked and gave her my credit card number for the standard deposit fee most accommodations ask for. At no time did she tell me it was non-refundable. In the meantime I found out more friends had a house rented and it made more sense to stay there. I called Seaview to cancel the room 20 days before we were set to stay there and was told the deposit was non-refundable, meaning I am now out $85 for nothing. I felt like I wasn't welcome there in the first place and was displeased to not receive at least a percentage of my deposit back. If I had my time back I would have waited until the day we were suppose to be there and cancelled then just out of spite. I have travelled to Eastport many times and it is a beautiful place but I would recommend finding better and more welcoming accommodations than Seaview Cottages.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Justin W
La Scie, NL
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Bringing people to stay so they could enjoy the pool was a mistake. The rooms were not clean. The tub faucet ran (not dripped, but ran) constantly. The dishes in the cupboard were dirty. The drain tray was filthy. The fridge was filthy. The bathroom was dirty. The walls in the bedrooms and doors were all really marked up and dirty. The bed was totally hard. The knobs and handles from the dresser were pulled off and stored in one of the drawers or found under the bed! The nice walk along the beach front I was looking forward to was marred by a big garbage burn pile including the inner workings of a dead mattress, kettle, household garbage. This is a really sad way to represent this beautiful province, and I truly hope that the owner/operators choose to spend some of the $$$ they are banking and hire some staff that will actually clean and take pride in where they work, as well as actually fix things that are broken.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Celeste C
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I travelled to central newfoundland for a one night stay with family at Seaview Cottages in Eastport Newfoundland after referring to the Traveller's Guide for Newfoundland and Labrador and trusting the description in the guide, I thought the stay would be clean, comfortable and the amenities offered were of good quality. Well, don't believe everything you read in a travel guide. Quality of the services and the amenities was the last thing on the minds of the people managing this business. Here are just a few of the weaknesses of the place:
- molding falling off the wall and ceiling in every room;
- naked light bulbs in the ceilings in every room;
- surly/nasty managers who do not want to explain the deficiencies;
- broken metal strapping on kitchen dining room chair;(dangerous for small kids
- maintenance of pool and building lacking (who is testing the water)
- uneven floors - doors swing closed;
- bedding clothing pillied and very old;
- very short and old lamps with shades that would not fit over cork screw bulbs;
- hot water running out at the end of day;
- sofa cushions spotty;
- beachfront filty with gull droppings (at least 100 gulls using beach)

and I could go on. I just had to get this off my chest. If I were asked to give one thing about this place that would rate 1 star, let alone 3 stars it rated for this year 2011, I would be hard pressed to do so. Even the grounds were a mess, the sand box, the putting enclosure, the pool, the beach rate a minus 5 stars.

Room Tip: cleaniness, nice, bright painted walls, bedding that looked like it was clean and of this century...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Pamala J
Princeton, NL
Reviewed 22 August 2011

These cottages are rated as 3 stars, that's hard to believe. The cabins are very dated, the cupboards and shelves are not hung straight... I mean they are crooked! The beds, bedding and mattresses are 10 years past worn out. There are fire pits and firewood available to guests, for a price.

Take your own coffee and tea, non in the rooms. If you need clean towels, you have to take your dirty ones to office and bring back the clean ones. They do not provide house keeping services. Don't bother to comment to the owners, they are looking for an argument.

The "convenience store" has $2.00 8oz cups of coffee, some ice cream treats, pop, beer and a huge selection of clutter. The games room has 2 pin ball machines, an old video game and a pool table.

The indoor... covered pool was nice, but no changing area. They also have a large play area for the kids and some sand to play in.

A one bedroom cabin is only $75.00 per night, under 2 yrs free, very cheap. Cheap is what Seaview Cottages are.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank CFA_NL

Been to Seaview Cottages? Share your experiences!