Rothesay House Heritage Inn Bed & Breakfast
Edmonton, Canada
“Perfect”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

George and Lynn were amongst the best hosts I have had at a B&B anywhere and i have travelled the world. George generously shared his passion for history, geography, and ecology made my journey rich. His directions and stories stayed in my head as I travelled north on the pennisula and changed how I saw the people and the land everywhere else I went. I felt welcome like an old friend and stayed on when I was captured by the beauty of the place and the hospitality of he and Lynn. Between Lynn's gourmet meals, comfortable rooms, a wealth of books and artifacts and down home hospitality, this is a place you must stay at if you are in Harbour Grace.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ron W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Kamloops
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Fantastic hosts. Fantastic B & B. The home itself is outstanding and the accommodations are first rate. The gardens are beautiful. Very nice sitting areas outside to enjoy the fresh air and gardens. Very relaxing 2 night visit. Take a stroll along the waterfront. The breakfasts were very enjoyable and it was great to chat with the other guests. George and Lynn are awesome hosts and Lynn is an excellent chef.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fluffykamloops
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay the B&B is very nice and a great location breakfast was perfect owners are nice to chat with and enjoy telling about the property.The rooms are ok ours was to the small side but ok for our 1 night stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Driving up to this B&B will take your breath away with the beauty and charm of this historic
house and the surrounding beautiful gardens! George and Lynn are the best of hosts,
Lynn with her gourmet meals and interior decorating touch, and George is fascinating to
listen to his Newfoundland stories and history. Evenings sitting out on the front veranda
were a highlight for us with our hosts and other guests! Definitely a must go to and stay
place!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janet H
Carbonear, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Absolutely amazing! Those are the best words to describe the Christmas party we had at the Rothesay House. Myself and 8 other staff of The Hair Gallery & Spa De Sante where made feel as if we where at home. Greeted at the gate and led into the sitting room with the fireplace lit and Christmas decor in each room, we had privacy to talk and exchange gifts over glasses of fine wine as we awaited our 3 course meal. The food was out of this world!!! All 9 of us agreed that it was the best meal we had ever had! All made from scratch by Lynn and served by George, my mouth waters just thinking about the salmon and the chocolate hazelnut cheesecake!!!! The price was more then reasonable and we where not rushed out the door, we stayed 3 and half hours and could have stayed longer had we wished. Lynn gave us a tour of the house which is extremely well kept and decorated to perfection! We will be there every year here on for certain! I would also like to add that a couple of years ago I had professional pictures taken on there property,which is as amazing as the inside and Lynn and George themselves!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jessica f
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I cannot say enough about my stay at the Rothesay House. The owners George and Lynn were excellent and very accommodating. The home is absolutely beautiful, comfortable and unique. I stayed in the Rothesay room which was beautifully decorated and with it's own private bath. I had a wonderful sleep and woke up to a gorgeous view. For breakfast, myself and a couple other guests had amazing granola, fruit, croissants and homemade cream- with homemade honey as well! To top it all off, Lynn made a wonderful cheese, mushroom and bruschetta omelette. Needless to say I will look for any excuse to return. I would recommend this establishment to anyone in the area or even someone who is looking to run away for the weekend. Harbour Grace stole my heart with the Rothesay being a large factor in this.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Nicole S
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Rothesay House at the end of August for one night and wished we had more time! The house is beautifully decorated and has a fascinating history. Our room was comfortable and clean and had a private bathroom with a tub. The hosts George and Lynn were very welcoming and accommodating. We felt comfortable from the moment we arrived. The food, cooked by Lynn, was amazing and George was very knowledgeable and helpful with ideas of things to do and places to visit. Clearly George and Lynn love what they are doing and this comes though in how they run their B & B and how they treat their guests. We would certainly recommend Rothesay House. It is a must see in Newfoundland!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Carbonear
Silverwood Inn Hotel
Silverwood Inn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bay Roberts

Been to Rothesay House Heritage Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!