“Great Little Spot”

and 1 more site!
Sea Echo Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port au Choix
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Upon arriving at the hotel the front desk girl was super helpful and friendly - the room was nice and clean and very comfortable beds.
The Fish cakes and Cod Tongues were awesome. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Request Outside Door
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Girlfriend and I went on a road trip from Deer Lake to St. Anthony and this was our half way point. I'm glad dealing with this place happened early on.

Multiple times, no one was at the front desk (I could see them standing at the bar, more talking than serving). So any questions had to wait which at one point prevented me from getting the wifi password which ended up being useless as the wifi never worked for us. The room did what it needed to do. It gave us a bed.

The restaurant was the worse experience of it all. avoid it at all costs. As we walked in the server looked at us then went right back to their conversation. We sat ourselves down and then waited. When we finally got our menus, I ordered the surf and turf, my girlfriend ordered the fish and chips.

Food was beyond terrible. Firstly, when i was ordering, i noticed that one of the sides could be potato salad. i asked for that and our waitress stared at me as if i was making it up and asked if i wanted fries. just ridiculous. when we finally saw the food, well ive cooked better meals in college for myself. The fries were just frozen fries thrown into an oven, none of the seafood was fresh and there was no indication that they were going to be battered. The steak was a cheap super market steak that was clearly pan fried. They also asked me how I wanted it and then clearly ignored it as it was way over done.

The fish for my girlfriend was chewy and the batter was soggy and disgusting.

No point did any server come ask us how the meal was but waited on a number of the other tables constantly. Made us feel very very unwelcome.

Overall my gf and I did not enjoy it here and would not ever recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank NateSoble
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights. Rooms were clean and quiet. Free wifi was a treat. There was a coffee maker and flat screen TV. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Basic breakfast was included, but you could add to it at an extra cost.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Barbara A
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This is a great little place out in Port Au Choix. A little but active fishing community. The Locals make you feel at home. Hotel is very nice. Wireless high speed internet, flat HD tv's in rooms. I will return if in area again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We stayed one nite and our stay was quite pleasant. The accommodations were lovely, clean, spacious. NO mildew odor whatsoever. The staff were excellent and very helpful. The food was excellent and the service was very efficient. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone.
Some of the reviews almost turned me off from trying this.... but, I am so glad that I went there.

Room Tip: Request the rooms with outside access from the room
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I can't say anything good about this location. I stayed one night in the cabin next to the ocean. I opened the door and the smell of mildew was overpowering. The pillows were disgusting. The headboard had black mildew stains all over it. The internet service gave me one bar and did not work. Very expensive for a nights stay. Some of the blinds were missing in the main room and the cabin is right on the road. I had to put a blanket up to the window for privacy. There is no blind in the kitchen either. As a single female traveling on business....never again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank 835Dolores709
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed in the cabin 133 for three nights. Excellent staff who wnet out of their way for us - front desk, cleaning staff etc. Nice wood interior and floors. Very clean, Well stocked kitchen (pots and pans and a nice kitchen knife). Very quiet. Cable T.V. in each bedroom. Light proof blinds on bedroom windows. Across the street is the beach, supermarkets and pharmacy

On the down side, the front door locked with no way to unlock it, so if you left for a second, you had to have a key. The bed sheets are very thin and the beds are comfortable but very squeaky. No ice cube trays. Cabins are connescted in a row. Bit expensive at $140.00/night, but we talked the nice lady down a few dollars.

Overall, a better than average stay at a cabin.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Been to Sea Echo Motel? Share your experiences!