“Poor choice to stay here” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Terra Nova Hospitality B&B

Terra Nova Hospitality B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Blandford
Terra Nova Hospitality B&B
Kitchener, Ontario
“Poor choice to stay here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed in the main building. I cannot tell you about the cottages.

On the positive side, our room was very large and clean.

However, the breakfast was awful. White bread that we toasted ourselves, and previously cooked bacon that was reheated for us.

Our hosts were friendly. But it seemed more like we were a meal ticket for the owners than we were guests. It wasn't my our typical Newfoundland B&B experience. This place is missing the Newfoundland charm.

Having travelled Newfoundland each summer for several years, I can honestly say this is the only establishment that I would not return to.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iluvmycanoe

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Munfordville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

When we arrived we were really too early to check in but the hostess insisted that she could have our room ready in a few minutes and she did. They treat you as as valued guests. She could us a to order breakfast each morning. The room was clean and comfortable. The room was inexpensive and might be a bit rustic for some. They could rent one of the cabins.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Cape Breton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Conveniently right on the TCH, just 1 km from Terra Nova golf resort.

Over an eight-day itinerary of eastern NL, we stayed here twice, though the second time was unplanned (but due to problem with accoms elsewhere).

Hosts were very nice and so pleased that we came back they couldn't do enough for us. Staing in comfortable rooms in main building, breakfast was included in very modest price - and what a breakfast!

Don't give up on the hot water, it will come!

While we were there, the cottages were a bit noisy with golfers so we were glad for our choice of staying in main lodge.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Lindsay, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

The clean, spacious cabin at Terra Nova Hospitality B &B was perfect for our family of 4 adults. The hosts were friendly, the atmosphere relaxed. We purchased breakfast on 2 mornings and enjoyed very good food including the Newfoundland specialty bakeapple jam. Aside from the national park, there isn't much to do in the immediate area but we found this was a perfect spot for day trips to Bonavista and even Twillingate. The cabins are very reasonably priced. Easy to find on the TransCanada but set well back off the road on a knoll overlooking Clode Sound.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NancyinLindsay
St. John's, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

My wife and two sons recently stayed at THH&C on Friday February 18th in room 7 in the lower building. When I booked the reservation I was quoted $110.00 including two adult breakfasts and two free breakfasts for the kids. I did not bring my written information sticky with me so I was not going to argue the price; however, when we returned home later the next day I saw where we were overcharged. Instead of $110 and free breakfasts, I was charged $121 and was told breakfast would be $9 each for my wife and I. We declined breakfast because we were disappointed with the room and we all just wanted to leave as soon as we could. Our room was not what we had expected. It was advertised as "spacious and luxurious", and as the cabins were previously booked, I was told that our building was new and the room was superior. It was not. The beds were cheap and uncomfortable, the fridge was loud, the TV was very small which made watching hockey difficult, the rug in between the beds was very slippery and my wife and I both slipped on it and were lucky not to have injured ourselves.The floors were dirty and we had to change the kid's pajamas after they played around on it. And lastly, the building is not very sound-proof and we were woken up at 2 a.m. by noisy neighbours who kept us awake for several more hours with their loud talk and laughter. We had a very poor night's sleep and will not be staying there again. We don't feel this accomodation was worth even $110 per night, it was more like a rough cabin complete with very cheap mismatching plates and cutlery that we would be embarrased to have guests stay in for free. My wife and I had thought about declining the room when we first saw it and either staying somewhere else so we could go to Bonavista the next day, or simply drive home that night. We decided it would be rude and agreed to stay. We regret our decision. It should be advertised as basic accomodation and the rate should be lowered to reflect this.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank fffffffffffffffffff
Dahlonega, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2007

Great place to stay. Hosts were friendly and helpful. Atmosphere warm, cost reasonable. Facilities clean and well kept. Location ideal for seeing Terra Nova Park and/or Bonavista peninsula. Just 2 hours from St. John's.

• Liked — Friendliness and helpfullness of hosts
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank vogannod
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2006

This b&b and cottage accommodations got a very good write-up in a recent edition of Frommer's. However, we were booked into the b&b and I would not recommend it. The walls were quite thin and every noise outside in the hall or other part of the house could be heard. As well, our back window looked onto a dirt driveway which was in constant use. The hostess is quite friendly and food is available (dinners on request and breakfast comes with the b&b obviously) but I would say if you stay here, choose a cottage and not the b&b room.

• Stayed July 2006
#3 of 4 in Clarenville
Restland Motel
Restland Motel
#4 of 4 in Clarenville

Been to Terra Nova Hospitality B&B? Share your experiences!