“Great experience!”
Review of By d' Bay Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Blandford
By d' Bay Cabins
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in cabin # 4 at by d' bay over the Christmas holidays. If you take a look on their website you will see pictures and descriptions of each individual cabin. Cabin 4 was described as the smallest cabin with the least kitchen supplies. When we got there we were pleased to see that the cabin actually had more than enough cooking supplies... there was a mini fridge, toaster over, panini grills, large skillet, frying pan skillet, cutting boards, knives, pans, dishes pots, cups, and BBQ. Pretty much everything you would need to stay a while!

The main floor was a one room with kitchen/ living room. It had a small electric fireplace, TV, small 2 person table and a love seat. Not a whole lot of sitting space but it is only meant for 2 people. On the main level there was a bathroom with 2 person air massage tub. This is the only thing we could say wasn't great- the water was a murky brown color (being from the area I know this is kind of normal for this part of the province! But may surprise some people if you didnt expect it!), as well there isn't enough hot water to fill the tub, it ended up being cold to luke warm so we only used that once. I recommend just sticking to showering if you stay there.

Upstairs was a double bed with foam mattress...very comfortable! The upstairs also had all white wicker furniture, giving it a cute and somewhat antique look. Loved the bedroom!

To enter the cabin you are given a door code, so not a whole lot of dealing with staff for checking in and out, which seemed to make it more private. For being row cabins they were privite and still gave us that "getaway" feel. Cabin 4 was great.... had that old fashioned log cabin look!

would recommend for anyone travelling to the port blandford/ terra nova/ eastport/ glovertown area! great winter rates as well.

Room Tip: go for cabin 4 if you want a small log cabin feel!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AprilBlackwood

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed in Cabin 2 and the online pictures are very misleading. It is a two bedroom cabin but there is really only room for 2 people in the main area of the cabin. One very small love seat in the living room and two chairs, one of which you can't sit on because there is a large floor fan hanging over it, the kitchen table had only 2 chairs, etc. The cabin is well stocked with dishes, etc. but it was not very clean. The floor had obviously not been swept when we arrived and I didn't feel comfortable taking my shoes off on the floor. The grout and titling in the bathroom was also dirty and there was hair in the shower from the last guests. The couch cushions were stained and the whole cabin smelled very strongly of moth balls. We had to open all the windows and keep the door open just to be able to breath in the cabin. It even triggered my asthma. The best part of the cabin was the bed, which was very comfortable and the patio. However, the patio was old and some of the boards need to be replaced and there was a large hole cut out over a sewer line that by bf nearly broke his foot in because it had not been covered. The new screen room is nice but there is no light in it so it's not really usable at night. The furniture is also in desperate need of replacing, especially the patio furniture and one of the chairs at the kitchen table. They felt as though they would fall apart at any minute. We were there for three days and not once was the office open. This place was at best okay. There are much nicer places to stay in the area.

Room Tip: We did visit someone in the new "Units". These rooms were beautiful! It was the differen...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melinda A
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This is a great property to stay in with pets. Our dog was welcomed with a dog bed, bowls and bag of various treats! Our stand alone cabin was basic, clean band had everything we needed including a large 2 person jet tub and a gas fireplace. Kitchen was fully equipped. If you're looking for a place to stay with pets or cabins in this area I would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Slizered
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Although the furniture has seen better days, By d'Bay Cabins has everything you need for cooking, cosy beds and linens, a gas fireplace (very useful in Newfoundland, even during the summer) and some staples for eating and cooking like coffee, sugar, butter, etc. There is also a TV and a collection of DVDs for rainy days and keeping the kids quiet for a while. The owner, Gerry, is very nice but not intrusive at all. We had a very enjoyable time there. The doors have a code that you just enter upon arrival, a feature that we found practical since we arrived late in the evening.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josie B
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I had tto stop in Port Blandford for a summer wedding some time actually before the month listed. Of the non-hotel housekeeping-unit/"cabin" style acommodations, this was the only one at the time that had an air conditioner. You had to phone and speak directly to the reservation people to book it. They were skeptical of my need for the unit, but happily agreed to ensure it was placed in my cabin for my use. Sure enough, by the time the stay came around, it was indeed very hot and the air conditioner came in handy. They may have since upgraded or added A/C to all or some units, but if not - be sure to ask for one with Air Conditioning. At the very least, they had one - most of the other cabin-style places I tried in the area didn't have them. Entertainment was a television with limited channels and a partially-functioning VHS player + cassettes. If this has since been upgraded, please forgive my mention of it. If not, it might be a wise investment. Still, if you're not staying in the major hotel, these cabins were a clean and ok alternative.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Buchans79
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed for 3 days over the long weekend and had a wonderful time. We were in Cabin #7 which was very well equipped and very clean. There is nothing the owners have not thought of in the way of equipping this cabin and I would highly recommend By d' Bay Cabins. By far the best value for our dollars in Newfoundland!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Was not impressed with the cabin I must say. From the internet it looked beautiful. When we got there it was dirty. We had to sweep the floors and rug before we could take off our boots. Rubbed my finger over a few items and dust/dirt was stuck to my finger. The dvd playing in the living room didnt work. Toaster was to dirty to even consider making toast. The office was never opened. The bbq was broke.The furniture was older then I dont even know what. Felt dirty the whole time we was there. Wasnt worth the money I paid for my family to have a nice relaxing time at the cabins. Not trying to be mean but this is my experience at By d'bay cabins. Hopefully yours will be better.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community
Restland Motel
Restland Motel
#4 of 4 in Clarenville

Been to By d' Bay Cabins? Share your experiences!