The setting of the hotel is beautiful. Unfortunately our experience with this hotel was not. Our room was clean and had a great view. However, the tap in the bathroom sink leaked continuously and there was a chip out of the bathtub. The carpet in the hallways was coming loose creating a potential for tripping. The service in the restaurant was abysmal. The service was so slow on the second night that my husband eventually gave up and left without eating. We were on a tour and were looking forward to the special Jiggs dinner on the first night of our stay. I was expecting a reasonable portion of the salted beef but received a small amount which consisted of two bits and a large bone in the middle. Some tables were offered drinks before the meal but not our table. We did not feel welcome. The hotel needs some serious updating and training of staff so that guests feel valued. It's too bad this is the only hotel of a reasonable size in the area as tour groups have no choice for an alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Port Blandford, Newfoundland and Labrador, on the shores of Clode Sound, Bonavista Bay, our Resort is just a 2-hour drive from St. John’s. Our 220-acre oceanfront property is situated between the Discovery Trail and the Kittiwake Coast, providing the perfect location for exploring our province’s cultural and natural treasures. Whale watching, sea kayaking, hiking, professional theatre, and historical sites of Trinity and Bonavista are all nearby to add to your Newfoundland vacation. The Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community has 80 rooms and suites, along with 7 fully-furnished 2 and 3 bedroom Chalets. The Clode Sound Dinning Room and Mulligan’s Pub, along with the diverse conference facilities, make Terra Nova Resort the perfect Golf, Family Vacation or Convention destination. Golf at Terra Nova is a must! With the award-winning 18-hole Twin Rivers golf course and the relaxing 9-hole Eagle Creek, Terra Nova Resort has a golf experience for all levels of interest and skill! Besides golf, our guests can enjoy a swim in our enclosed outdoor pool (our retractable enclosure allows for all weather year round enjoyment), a dip in our hot tub to relax at the end of a day on the course, a steam room, sauna, fitness centre, and tennis & basketball courts. Whether you are on the course or hiking the network of trails, the dramatic, rugged beauty of the forest, rivers, and ocean is all here for you to enjoy. Live. Stay. Play. Naturally. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terra Nova Golf Hotel Port Blandford
- Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community Port Blandford, Newfoundland, Canada