“Amazing Resort and Area”

Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Blandford
Halifax, Canada
“Amazing Resort and Area”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Most of vacations are so busy that you need a vacation when you are back. This is a place to spend quality time with your loved ones and not be distracted with high traffic, people going through, but you have everything you need. Great golf course, welcoming staff, you have your BBQ, food is good, but what I treasured the most is that this location gave me the time I needed with my family.I decided to go back there this year. I pulled some pictures on the interent and decided to share them with others. Amazing trails and views.

Room Tip: The chalets are great for two or three families to go and split the cost. Room to us is not a big de...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank happytraveler2013855

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I've played here a number of times over the past few years. They were really affected by hurricane Igor in terms of damage to the grounds, but they did a great job repairing them and the course this year is in the best shape i've seen! The staff and accommodations are above par (pun intended) and the pub downstairs has great food and local talent playing sometimes which brings in some great people and makes for an all around good time. I've always loved playing Terra Nova and I always look forward to my next trip out!

Room Tip: The chalets are the way to go!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Zachary H
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and had a great time. The restaurant features great food and has wonderful service. The staff is very accommodating and friendly as well. The golf courses are fun yet challenging, and are part of the beautiful Terra Nova National Park which is located next door. Something for everyone!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank J Daniel S
Bancroft
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The setting of the hotel is beautiful. Unfortunately our experience with this hotel was not. Our room was clean and had a great view. However, the tap in the bathroom sink leaked continuously and there was a chip out of the bathtub. The carpet in the hallways was coming loose creating a potential for tripping. The service in the restaurant was abysmal. The service was so slow on the second night that my husband eventually gave up and left without eating. We were on a tour and were looking forward to the special Jiggs dinner on the first night of our stay. I was expecting a reasonable portion of the salted beef but received a small amount which consisted of two bits and a large bone in the middle. Some tables were offered drinks before the meal but not our table. We did not feel welcome. The hotel needs some serious updating and training of staff so that guests feel valued. It's too bad this is the only hotel of a reasonable size in the area as tour groups have no choice for an alternative.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Audrey S
RChrisAnthony, Owner at Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear audrey0829,

My name is Chris Anthony and I am the Director of Operations & an owner at the Terra Nova Resort. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not up to both your and my standards. We are currently undergoing major renovations and unfortunately I do not think that you were fully informed of this by your tour provider, Globus. The bathroom's and hall flooring are scheduled to be completed during off-peak season, this fall. I also have looked into your service issues in the Dinning Room and can insure you that we have attended to them fully. We are starting offering a more leisurely, casual fine dinning experience in that venue. However, your meals and portion sizes were approved by Globus Head Office and I kindly request that you direct feedback to their customer service department; they are better able to resolve your concerns. I also must apologize as well on behalf of the Tour Director who offered you misinformed information; there are two other hotel properties within a 20 minute drive that could also easily handle tour groups of your size. However, as we complete the improvement process, I feel that will be more that able to service all our guests effectively. If you would like to discuss your concerns with me directly, please contact me at +1 (709) 543-2525 or via email chris@terranovaresort.com. I thank you for your constructive feedback.

Warm regards,

R. Christopher Anthony

Travellers are raving about these Port Blandford hotels

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, and ate multiple times at the restaurant as well as the pub downstairs, which is open at lunchtime. My partner also golfed the 18 hole Twin Rivers course four times (and we hiked Terra Nova National Park, right "next door" three times). Our hotel room was simple, clean and conveniently spacious, in that we had a couch as well as the queen size bed, so we could spread out (and park the golf clubs somewhere!) Oddly, there wasn't a nightstand on either side of the bed, though there was sufficient room for at least small ones -- my only real suggestion for improvement of the room. The room had laminate floors (probably the right choice for golf shoes), so nothing fancy. We enjoyed the hot tub one windy, drizzly evening, and the good-sized pool. It is very nice that the pool has a retractable cover that can be opened up on sunny days, and closed on windy, drizzly nights. The Twin Rivers golf course was beautiful, well designed and scenic. Cart rental was included with the cost of play, and a cart is essential given the distances between some of the holes. However, the course should be maintained better. The fairway is pitted in places and the greens could also use a bit more grooming. Still, it was still a fine course. The restaurant was very good. We tried many things on the menu (cod with calamari and scrunchions, spinach salad, hot turkey sandwich in the pub, etc etc), but two things really stood out for us -- namely, the scallops with chorizo (OMG) and the BBQ ribs (huge portion) with sweet potato home fries (yum) and homemade cornbread (outstanding). We also really liked that you could go into the wine room and choose your own bottle of wine from a good selection, if you didn't want to drink the house wine. The waitresses were friendly (remembered my partner's gluten-free needs from the previous meal(s)) and even sometimes funny. We are not breakfast eaters, so we noticed but didn't try the breakfast buffet. We drove around the area and this is truly the only good restaurant within about 50 km west of the resort (i.e., there is only a pricey small restaurant at the Visitor Centre in Terra Nova National Park itself) and for many km east (certainly nothing in Port Blandford is comparable). Similarly, the golf course and accommodations are the nicest for some distance. We had a very relaxing time and we are both glad we stayed there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Carol M
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed in the Chalet and was amazing to say the least. Spacious with lots of room inside and out and the one we stayed had room 5-6 to sleep comfortably. Outside had nice grass for Frisbee & ball or to even practice your chipping. The golf course is stunning and in great shape while the marshal kept the pace comfortable for all. The hotel staff and Bar staff looked after us even when we couldn't look after ourselves at times throughout the evening and have to say "thanks again"!

Cannot wait to come back again and play the course again very professional!

Robert

Room Tip: Chalets are awesome...with Heat pump with air conditioning! Very nice after a long hot day of 27 or...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Robert_Five_Oh
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here during customer appreciation week but did not feel the appreciation!
The website itself is misleading, an efficiency suite does not look as the pictures or the description show....unless you are in a newly refurbished part of the building it seems....yet nothing to indicate otherwise on the site. Room very outdated in terms of furnishings, paint peeling from ceilings, bathroom fixtures not in good shape, bathroom faucet came on full speed on hot nearly burning my child's hand. We were in a non smoking room but could smell smoke either from someone before us or in an adjacent room/ across the hall. Terrible.Pool area was ok, the kids enjoyed that but no towels available, we were asked to take them from our room and they would be replaced in the evening when someone came on duty...no coffee or shampoo in the room either and housekeeping staff not working until 8 pm we were told.

Upon checkout we were given our driving range ticket.....would have been nice to have gotten that when we checked in so that we could have used it! It seemed a chore to be served and checked out.

Meals much overpriced...we ordered from the pub and paid $35 for some nachos (if you could call a handful of cheese and tomatoes nachos), fries and onion rings.

Needs much improvement before we will ever return here!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Reviewsbymom

Been to Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community? Share your experiences!