All reviewsvolunteer staffother guestscommon areas areone nighthome away from homeminute driveliving rooma wonderful staybonavista peninsulastay there againmarthatrailtrinitynewfoundlandwhalescanadaquiz
Reviewed 15 August 2015

This place offers the complete hostel experience and beyond. Everything you'd want and need, from fresh and clean linen, comfortable bed, complimentary breakfast, complete kitchen facilities (oven, toaster, stove, fridge, microwave, etc.), fast wifi, free bicycle, cozy and inviting environment. The place is small enough to encourage interaction with other guests yet spacious enough that you don't feel like you're lacking personal space. Perfect! Keep up the good work HI Trinity. Thank you for making my weekend getaway utterly pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank NelsonKusnadi
Reviewed 19 July 2015

No TV, no distractions except the beauty of the surroundings. Good kitchen for preparing meals, interesting guests to meet, a very comfortable mattress on the bed with lovely bedding, all in all an excellent hostel of affordable economy. Highly recommended for anyone of any age, like staying with friends!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank susie c
Reviewed 5 October 2014

Dear Barbara
Here is a sunrise from the wrap around porch of Skerwink House! Unbelievable colours! I wouldn't know how to doctor a print so, take it from me, this was the real McCoy. I had read guests accounts of seeing moose so I was up very early every morning in hopes of seeing one. This was my reward. Our other reward was the abundance of blueberries and partridge berries. It was hard to leave this lovely spot. We could have settled in for quite a spell.
I topped off my second Newfoundland visit by watching Grand Seduction this afternoon. I see you Barbara, had your hand in there too! Thank you for a wonderful home away from home stay and a truly Newfoundland movie. Yours, gratefully, Jane M Davidson who stayed at Skerwink house only two nights 12 and 13 Sept. with Angus and Philippa Davidson and Clare Davidson Rogers.

Room Tip: This was a house rental. The above ratings do not apply. The house was like a home and very comfortable with well equipped kitchen.
Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karin D
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This hostel delivers everything I truly want in a hostel: cozy linen, freshly made bread, that home-away-from-home feeling, incredible staff, constant companionship (particularly nice when you're in such an isolated area), great games (Cards Against Humanity and Werewolf!!) and books and puzzles, and just the best vibe of any hostel I've ever stayed in. Thank you Martha et al for your lovely hospitality... this really was the one hostel that I didn't want to leave!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed a night in Skerwink Hostel. This was my 2nd experience in a hostel & overall it was a pleasant experience. Martha & the staff were very friendly & more than helpful. I don't know much about the prices of hostels but it seemed pretty reasonable to me. The place was clean & comfortable. I really liked the fact that there was a sense of home & community within the hostel. I would definitely stay there again & would recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple