“Again and again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Rexton
Fishers' Loft Inn by Ship Cove
Ranked #1 of 2 Port Rexton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I've been going to Fisher's loft for years. What keeps me going back is hard to narrow down. I guess in a nutshell, I love the overall experience. It's unpretentious, doesn't try too hard, offers vistas, spaces and atmosphere that allows me to do whatever I want. I like the fall when I can pick berries in the surrounding fields, hike the day away, and eat a simple delicious meal all within a stones throw. The concept is simple and the owners are so very accommodating. They're not selling me anything, I can take in as much or as little as I like and it all seems to fill me up, recharge my batteries, and put me in touch with something wonderful. I always sleep like a bay in the feather duvet, and the fresh air doesn't hurt! Looking forward to next year!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dmw863
There are newer reviews for Fishers' Loft Inn by Ship Cove

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Fishers' Loft Inn by Ship Cove in Port Rexton was a delightful Thanksgiving get away experience from “the Mainland” for my wife and I. Our “tree top” room was very spacious, well appointed, as well as, cosily comfortable. We enjoyed a spectacular view of Ship Cove from our eastward facing windows, a visual memory that will be with us for many years to come. The dining room offered several culinary delights, and possibly the best were the breakfasts that provided many tasty choices in helping us to prepare for the day ahead. We briskly walked the Skerwink trail on a rainy, cooler day and could readily see how the many vistas would have been even more captivating taken at a more leisurely pace in warmer weather. We certainly do look forward to visiting the Fishers' Loft Inn and enjoying their excellent hospitality again soon.

Room Tip: For the best view select a easterly facing tree top room
Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yogi J
Reviewed 21 October 2013

In many ways, Iiked the Fisher's Loft. The facility has a kind of simple, old fashioned beauty that is overshadowed by the beautiful views (as it should be, the scenery is wonderful). The breakfast was tasty and I like the idea of the organic farm onsite and tranquility of the area. Before writing this review, I've pondered a good bit about why I also disliked the Fisher's Loft just as much as I liked it. Months later, I've finally figured out why - there seems to be creation of fake, posh historic outport charm that doesn't sit well with me as a Newfoundlander. Our culture is what it is, to posh-ify it is to imply that it requires improvement. Though it is in Newfoundland, and the houses look like charming old outport style houses, that's where the Newfoundland connection ended for me. They seem to be trying very hard to create a quaint Newfoundland environment, which I think they achieved in the structure, but the staff was distant/cool/aloof and the supper was, in my opinion, an attempt to elevate Newfoundland cuisine that failed horribly (the undercooked non traditional cod entree made my husband sick - I sent mine back twice before they actually COOKED it and I did not get sick). I also felt that the supper was extremely overpriced.

It looked like home, it certainly didn't feel like home. Obviously, the target market here is wealthy tourists who will pay a premium to experience a few days of living someone else's (incorrect) interpretation of a quaint Newfoundland life. And I suppose that's fine for them, but there is something disingenuous about the atmosphere here, and I couldn't be bothered to go back.

Room Tip: The loft rooms would not be appropriate for patrons over 5'8" (unless they have a reinforce...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank LadyBugLady
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

My first visit to the beautiful province of Newfoundland has been a wonderful experience.

It's hard to tell whether the people or the places are more beautiful but the combination may be unbeatable.

I lucked into Fishers' Loft through a friend's suggestion and cannot thank her enough.

The room is so well appointed and so well thought out that there is nothing I could even dream about adding. Their towels are even worth stealing, I wonder if they count them. So unlike those that you would find in most hotels, despite the price point.

The thoughtfulness of binoculars, corkscrew, remote control radio, fan and many other small luxuries is remarkable.

The blinds , the sheets and the duvet are excellent.

As a vegan I was expecting to be in trouble with the food but the dinner was amazing, a very well- thought out vegan feast served so sweetly I was blown away. The team was (I think) Jackie (chef) and Amanda.

Wonderful coffee followed the meal as well as time well wasted in a comfortable rocker on the verandah with four other guests , all of whom live in Saint John's.

If Fisher's Loft doesn't make you happy you should not be traveling!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Veganguy
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Fishers' Loft is a pretty cool spot. It's a great place to relax and take in some of the amazing Newfoundland scenery. The staff and hosts are very welcoming and accommodating. The rooms have a old country charm to them, yet are really modern at the same time. There's some great hiking trails that you can walk to with unbelievable views. Anything I had in their restaurant was delicious and there's great attention to detail, even in the smallest of things. Everything here is first class. I definitely recommend staying here and hope to visit again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed 3 nights in July 2013 in a loft room. Beautiful location and premises. Very quiet and peaceful. Food in restaurant was great both breakfast and dinner. Would stay again. Great hiking and close to Trinity.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We toured across Newfoundland in August 2013 with a Maxim Drive fly tour. They booked us into this beautiful inn for 2 nights to visit the Trinity area. The Inn is fantastic and the restaurant marvelous. The accommodations here are first class. My wife is Gluten Intolerant and the restaurant made two wonderful dinners for here. There are great walking trails , you don't have to touch your car. The view is fantastic. Everything was wonderful. Breakfast was also a treat. Go and see for yourself.

Room Tip: you are away from the road so I expect all rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Princeton
The Meems' Elliston B&B
The Meems' Elliston B&B
#2 of 2 in Elliston

Been to Fishers' Loft Inn by Ship Cove? Share your experiences!