“The Best Cottage Ever !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocky Harbour
Mountain Range Cottages
Fort McMurray, Alberta .
“The Best Cottage Ever !”
Reviewed 18 June 2010

My Husband and I travelled to nfld in early June 2010 to visit his grandmother .
We have always wanted to see Gros Morne , so we decided to take a few days before flying back to Alberta and enjoy the scenery there. I researched quite a number of cottages in that area but finally decided on booking at the Mountain Range Cottages. Well I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place! They are Absolutely Beautiful cottages and have everything that you would need ! My husband and I stayed in Cottage # 6 and my parents who met us there stayed in cottage # 5 .
Everything looked brand new , it has hardwood floors , fireplace, full kitchen , full bath and a bbq on the deck !
Margaret who works at the office and checked us into our cottage is a wonderful lady and dropped by our cottage to see if we needed anything during our stay there.
The location of the cottage is perfect, it was so quiet and relaxing in a wooded area.
Very close to the Western Brook Boat tour that we took with Bon Tours ! Amazing scenery in this whole area , I highly recommend the Mountain Range Cottage to anyone looking to have great service along with a beautiful stay !

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank A-passion-for-travel

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 22 March 2010

We travelled to Newfoundland last August, but when I posted my reviews of other places we stayed at, I was unable to do so for Mountain Range Cottages. I am delighted that TripAdvisor now has an entry for this place.

We stayed at Mountain Range twice in the same vacation, both before and after our (gruelling) backpacking trip to the top of Western Brook Pond and along the Long Range Traverse. [I've included a photo fron the top of the Pond. It took about 7 hours to get to this spot from the boat dock, which is just barely visible (tiny square at the most inland portion of the fjord).]

Although the cottages are not located on the water, they seemed to be brand new and were sparkling clean. We stayed in cottages 5 and 6, which are mirror images of each other and located in the same building.

This was the perfect place to base ourselves for a few days of exploration in Gros Morne. The staff are incredibly friendly (but then again, so was everyone we met in Newfoundland!), and the units are spacious. And did I say clean?? After our 4-day trek, we were covered in mud and dared not trample our hiking boots all over the squeaky clean floor. We appreciated the front porch and private yard where we were able to sort and dry out all our camping gear. Each unit also has a barbecue, which we did not take advantage of this time. Laundry facilities are available to all guests. There are no phones in the units, but a pay phone is available. The units do have cable TV.

It is an easy walk to town, and we enjoyed meals at Fisherman's Landing (with the biggest partridgeberry pancakes I've ever seen) and the Ocean View Motel.

If we had had any energy left after our trek, we would have liked to jog from the Cottages to Lobster Head Cove at the other end of town, which would have been quite pleasant along the waterfront.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Norris Point
Ocean View Hotel
Ocean View Hotel
#1 of 3 in Rocky Harbour

Been to Mountain Range Cottages? Share your experiences!