“A charming spot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedar House Bed & Breakfast

Cedar House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocky Harbour
Cedar House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 10 Rocky Harbour B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“A charming spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We had a great room with ensuite and the breakfasts were excellent - with homemade jams and plenty of choice. There is a lovely deck available to guests to enjoy the view and tea/coffee/water are available any time. Wanda and Clyde were very accommodating and helpful and the access to a laptop with internet was a godsend for us! This is a great spot and we're so glad we stayed with this lovely couple.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 613Irish

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
TORONTO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We had a good sized room with twin beds and ensuite bath. Breakfast was very good with as much food as you could wish. Common room with computer for use by guests. There was a "boil water" advisory in effect when we were there. This is apparently not uncommon in parts of Newfoundland, as this was the second such advisory we encountered in less than 2 weeks of travel. Unlike the other occasion, when the proprietor provided bottled water for use in our room, Cedar House only offered a jug of water in the kitchen from which we could fill a glass.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ogdensburg, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Pleasant, accommodating hosts provide an "at home" atmosphere. Good breakfast with a local flair, lovely room with en suite bath. Good central location for activities in Gros Morne NP. Lots of good hints for activities in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Winnipeg Beach, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was the first stay of our Newfoundlamd experience. We received a very warm welcome and immediately felt at home. We loved Wanda's partridge berry muffins and enjoyed the delicious homemade jams and jellies. The breakfasts were delicious. We had great views of Rocky Harbor from our rooms which were very comfortable and immaculate. We would definitely recommend Cedar House B & B to anyone travelling in that area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was not my first choice to stay at as I had booked at another B & B. but when that B & B suddenly closed, I had to think fast. Ultimately I was able to get accomodations here, and I'm glad I did. This B & B is small, yet perfect for couples or solo travellers like me. My room was right on the main floor and very comfortable. There's a laptop in the living room available for guests, a great selection of books, CD's of Newfoundland music and DVD's about Gros Morne and Newfoundland in general. My hostess Wanda was the defintion of Newfoundland hospitaltiy. She had delicious homemade jams (my favorite was the rose hips jam) and scrumptious patridgeberry muffins as part of the breakfast selections. (She gave me one to take with me on the road, and it was divine!) On top of that, she even got me Noxzema for a sunburn when I got one on my boat tour of Western Brook Pond.

I highly recommend this place when heading to Gros Morne!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
#2 of 4 in Norris Point
Seabreeze B & B
Seabreeze B & B
#1 of 3 in Cow Head

Been to Cedar House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!