“The cleanest b&b that I had ever stayed!”
Review of Sylvia's B&B

Sylvia's B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocky Harbour
Sylvia's B&B
Ranked #5 of 10 Rocky Harbour B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Sylvia's bed and breakfast was the cleanest stay I had stayed by far in my LIFE! (I considered myself to be an experienced traveler and had stayed at different b&bs and 5 stars hotels.) This place is spotless!

Location: It's located in Rocky Harbour where is a great location for you to explore the Gros Morne National Park. (5-10 mins drive)

Rooms: Spacious and spotless! The bed was so comfortable that I ranked the bedding at Slyvia's was my best sleep among my 10 days trip in Cape Bretion and Gros Morne.

Breakfast: We had our breakfast with the other guests in the Kitchen, It was such a great setting to meet others where we were able to share tips on different trails.
This is not the best breakfast, yet you can really tell Sylvia and her husband were trying hard to do what they can do to make their guests happy. The portion is big which helps you to start a long day ahead.

Bonus: I love the idea that they have the distilled water (the large refillable kind) where we can refill our water bottles each morning before the long hike!

I would highly recommend this place for those who wants a good night sleep after a long day of hiking!

1  Thank dihon

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Sylvia's B&B was one of the finest stays we had in all of Newfoundland! The linens were lovely, breakfast delicious and our room and ensuite bath were both very clean, and nicely decorated. Everything throughout the house looks brand new and fresh.
Sylvia is lovely and couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating.
Connie and Stu

1  Thank Connie G
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Sylvia and Bruce work hard to provide a clean, comfortable accommodation. Spacious rooms with ensuites. Great full breakfast, hosts were helpful and gracious. Spent two nights here and wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: One bedroom is located on the main floor . . . Rest are up a flight of stairs.
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Sylvia was a great hostess, very friendly and welcoming. Very clean premise, the cleanest we stayed at in all of NL with large rooms and very comfortable eating area. Location great, easy walk to the Harbour.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Beautiful, spacious, clean room with large bathroom. Looks and is brand-new. Sylvia is a gracious hostess, offers a delicious breakfast with homemade bread and jam, yogurt, coffee, juice and breakfast casserole. We had a good laugh - Sylvia has an excellent sense of humour. We only spent a night there, but some of her guests who stayed for a few nights did nothing but rave about their stay at Sylvia's B&B. The B&B area is separate from the hostess's living space and I found this very much to my liking, as I didn't feel like I was imposing on her personal space. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

we thought sylvia was a great hostess and her b and b a new, super-clean and very comfortable place! she works very hard to keep this place clean, as a matter of fact i think this was one of the cleanest places i have ever stayed in. yes there are rules but nothing too out of the ordinary for a b and b. the place is new, very well built and kept, the beds are supercomfortable! i would add a luggage table/stand in the rooms. i would definitely stay here again and would look forward to seeing sylvia and bruce!

Room Tip: ask for main level room if you have a problem with stairs
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Sylvia is in the wrong business. Her first line of business is getting your money. She is the only B&B we stayed at that collected our money 5 minutes after we got through the door. No personality and very cold. She is allergic to lobster, so make sure you have none with you, or haven't been near any, ie at a restuarant, etc. We had some vacuum-packed precooked and shelled lobster with us, and after collecting the money, Sylvia left and we didn't see her until the next morning. The doors on the bedroom are very heavy steel doors that slam shut, and cannot be left unlocked. I got locked out. For breakfast, my husband asked if he could have a piece of toast with his coffee as Sylvia was making breakfast. At first she said no, then said he could make himself some toast. When it came time to serve breakfast to everyone, my husband was the only one who got no toast on his plate. I guess he already got his quota. Most of the rooms are up a full flight of stairs and so is the sitting area. I would not recommend this B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: Try AnchorDown B&B up the street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
SeaBreeze Bed and Breakfast
Out East B&B
Out East B&B
#4 of 4 in Norris Point

Been to Sylvia's B&B? Share your experiences!