Marblewood Village Resort
US$104
US$104
Glynmill Inn(Corner Brook)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Corner Brook(Corner Brook)
Driftwood Inn(Deer Lake)
TripAdvisor
Deer Lake Motel(Deer Lake)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbedroom unitfull kitchenmarble mountaincorner brookgreat spotski weekendminute drivezip lininggreat weekendthree bedrooma great staywestern newfoundlandown mealshardwood floorsoffice personnelwalking distancetim hortons
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My girlfriend and I stay here often. Great spot, clean, bbqs on site. Great in the winter. Unload your snowmobile right in the parking lot and hit the Newfoundland snowmobile federations groomed trails on a couple hundred feet away. Would recommend, and usually do, to anyone staying in the Corner Brook area!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bradandevelyn
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The rooms are great with everything needed for your stay except clean water! (Well the barbeques are at the main building too, not at the rooms) The water was very dirty and there was a boil order advisory, lucky for us that we purchased some water just in case.

No air conditioning and lots of highway noise.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Staying here July 28 for 3 nights. We are in room 207 with my husband and myself and 2 kids plus 2 men that he works with. 4 bedrooms with a total of 8 beds and on bunk.Master has 2 double beds, 2 twin beds and one top bunk. Great for large groups of family's. 3 washrooms, leather sofas, Hugh table, fully kitchen. But needs to add better cooking pans etc. 4 slice toaster only 2 things work, no oven mitts but these are minor. No daily maid service and no air condition. Overall a great place to stay for $349.00 a night for all the space and rooms to accommodate lots of people.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Tracey H
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We recently stayed for one night in a 4 bedroom/3 bathroom unit (201). It was very spacious and well equipped in the kitchen for cooking/entertaining. The location is great and close to the few ammenities that you might need. The unit was very clean. Howver, there were a few cons -

- The main bathroom on the first floor did not have a shower curtain therefore no one could shower in there. We were 9 adults and 3 children with only 2 bathrooms. This was not good with such an early check out the next morning. Which leads into my next con...

- 10am check out. This is the earilest I have ever experienced and is very inconvenient.

- One of the pub charis for the dining table had a leg cracked off (and this was still left in the unit) so we were not able to use it and therefore were short one chair for dinner.

- We kept getting a strong smell of lighter fluid and coals in our unit which meant we had to keep closing the windows. It was 25 degrees outside and the smell would come and go until about 10pm. We called the office and they informed us that no one was allowed to bring their own grill and they do not provide coal grills (only propane BBQ's). Whether or not they allow it, someone had something that was giving off an awful strong smell. Leading into the next con...

- NO AIR CONDITIONING!!! It was a very warm day. There are ceiling fans in the bedrooms and that's it. So, when you consider that we had to keep closing the windows due to the strong fumes, we were very uncomfortable until late in the night when the temperature dropped.

- No cable in the master bedroom upstairs. We called the office and they were going to look for a new cable... no one ever showed up. The cable on the main floor worked the first evening but did not work the morning of our check out.

Our stay was just O.K. for $400 a night. I think I will look for other options the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I spent 9 nights at Marblewood Village resort while travelling on the West Coast of Newfoundland and got more than I expected.

The 1 bed 1 bath condo unit #108 on the ground floor was spacious and had pretty nice furnishings. There was a full size Fridge, Stove and Dishwasher, along with a toaster and coffee maker. The dishes and cutlery were a bit sparse, a setting for 4 with a few mismatched extras... but I had all I needed for breakfast and a couple of meals in after long days of sightseeing.

The living room has a lovely leather set of sofa and loveseat, plus a 36" flat screen TV and a DVD player.

The unit was not all that sound proof, as the couple with the small child in the unit above could be heard stomping around overhead. I am a sound sleeper, so that didn't bother me... but would probably bother a light sleeper. I'd suggest you get a second floor unit in that case. Side to side there were no noise issues.

The other draw back to this unit is that it is dark in the living room/kitchen area. The privacy fencing and deck over the rear window does not allow the natural light in to the unit... but again, I was out enjoying nature from 8 am to 8 pm so it was no big deal for me.

The staff are very friendly. They made arrangements for me to use the washer and dryer in the middle of my stay which was much appreciated.

These units are located right at the base of Marble Mountain Ski Resort, less than 10 minutes drive from Corner Brook and less than 15 minutes from Humber Valley Resort Golf Course. 25 minutes from Deer Lake Airport.

The unit usually has a rate of $139 per night, but i was given a weekly rate of $109. Housekeeping came at the mid way point of my stay to clean the unit and replace the linens and towels.

All in All, a very good stay for me.

Room Tip: Second Floor units are brighter and more quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo