“Marble Condos a Luxurious Experience”
Review of Marble Inn Resort

Marble Inn Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Steady Brook B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The new condos are fantastic!! I would rate them 5 star. I stayed in a one bedroom unit. It was tastefully decorated and had heated ceramic tile in the bathroom and kitchen and hardwood throughout the rest of the rooms. Granite counters, flat screen televisions (living room and bedroom), kitchenette with fridge, microwave, and dishwasher! AND the most comfortable queen sized bed I’ve slept in outside my own bedroom. I asked and it turns out they had these specially designed and manufactured for them. I was there for three nights and normally my back lets me know when I’ve been in a strange bed this long, but not this time.

When traveling to the Corner Brook area on business, I have always stayed at Marble Inn Resort. In addition to being less than 10 minutes to downtown, this is a beautiful area of the province and the locale is very quiet. There are easily accessible walking trails. I’ve always found the cabins to be very clean and comfortable, though a bit dated. The rooms in the Inn are spacious and most have a fireplace. The staff are first rate; always a smile and very helpful. I’m not sure what some of the other reviewers expect for the price they would have paid but I’ve always been satisfied. Before the new condos were developed, there certainly were higher end (and pricier) accommodations available in this area. And since there was nothing in Corner Brook that could compare with the old resort (including the outdated cabins) I don’t think there is anything on the entire west coast that can compare with the quality of the new condos. I stay at numerous hotels, B&B’s, and cabins all across the province and this was always my favorite and it still is!

Room Tip: In the Inn I like rooms on the rear of the building. For the condos, you can't go wrong on any r...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank C W

Reviewed 11 August 2011

We were a party of 5 and the stay was just OK.
The rooms were clean but very, very outdated and way overpriced for what you get. One room overlooked the rear of the lodge and the construction stuff was very very messy - quite an eyesore. Although the bed was comfortable they have the worst pillows ever. flatter than pancakes!
the continental breakfast was adequate, nothing to write home about. coffee wasn't hot.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Slipstream11
MarbleInnResort, Owner at Marble Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Hello,
We are sorry that you had a bad experience with your previous stay at Marble Inn Resort.
We apologize for the inconvenience the ongoing construction had caused you during your stay, but would like to inform you that we have recently finished almost all construction on site and now offer more luxurious accommodation options. If you are in the area again, we would like to provide you with the best experience possible and hope you choose to stay with us once more.

Reviewed 22 February 2011

We stayed in Corner Brook for a weekend getaway to go skiing so we chose Marble Inn after viewing their dated website that had hardly any pictures (none of the cabins we stayed in). Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised by the lobby/front desk building and the pool and sauna which was decorated nicely which made us assume the cabins would be the same. They were unfortunately not the same. From outside, the cabin looked crappy and desperately needs some renovations and fix-ups around the door (the gutter was hanging down in the doorway). The driveway was not plowed well and our stairs were not shovelled off well. There was construction going on right in front of our cabin on the new luxury condos being built which blocks the view of Marble Mountain which the website said we would have. When we opened the door, a strong smell of fish greeted us. It seems that the previous guests fried some fish in their cabin and the smell lingered for us all weekend. The inside of the cabin was a disappointment as well. There was no carpet under the bed and no flooring under the porch mat. There was no hair dryer, no plug in in bathroom, and no shampoo. The table was 100 years old at least. We found hairs on our pillow slips. The cabin's style needs updating, it is very old fashion and outdated, but it has some potential. New blinds and curtains are needed, the futon needs to be replaced, and a new bedspread is needed. Their bath towels are hand towels and their hand towels are face clothes which makes for a great showering experience. Nobody came and made our bed, they just replaced our towels. Overall our experience here was not good and we wouldn't recommend it. Some good things about the cabin are the bed is fairly comfortable for the price, there were lots of dishes provided in the cabin, the location is good if you plan to ski, and the shower was surprisingly still in good condition.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Hello,
We are very sorry to hear about you previous experience with Marble Inn Resort.
We have replaced the cabins with luxurious 4-star condominium suites at the beginning of this year, to provide an entirely new experience. We hope that you make reservations with us again, so that we can make up for your past disappointment, and offer you the best stay possible.

Reviewed 13 August 2010

I had a wonderful time at this Inn. The people were so kind and courtious and the room was very clean and attractive. The view of the mountain was breathtaking and the food was spectacular! I can't wait to go back this year.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Accommodations were ok. I was promised a late check out when I checked in. When I returned to the room after a meeting my luggage was removed without notice and I was charged 50 bucks! Manager was rude. I contacted the owner via e mail and no reply. Arrogant rude people who treat people like crap and mislead you to get an extra profit.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank Nextinline

Hello,
We are very sorry to hear about your past experience with Marble Inn Resort.
We have undergone various staff changes since your stay to assist our customers with a better and more fulfilling stay at the resort. We have also made customer service our main priority and hope you can give us another chance to show we care about your opinion.

Reviewed 22 July 2010

The good- restaurant is outstanding. Great for a couple or business dinner. The price is high for a cottage of this star rating. Lots of construction of new condos on site so expect to wake up early to the sounds of construction next to your room. Not great for the kids aftera previous active day. There is a water boil on so you have to go through effort of boiling water to use. The cabins may be great to stay for a skiing group that is there for the party but for accommodations - off season -looke lsewhere

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank shawnisles

Hello,
We apologize for the inconvenience of your previous stay, and would like to inform you that the cabins have been replaced with luxurious 4-star condominium suites as of February 2012. Most of the construction is completed and should no longer affect any customers staying at Marble Inn Resort. We hope you make a reservation with us again, so we can offer your family a much more relaxing and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 10 July 2010

I'm not sure now why I stayed here. There must be better places.

I was encouraged to stay here as the restaurant in the main lodge is excellent. It is the ONLY reason to stay here and a smarter traveller would have just driven out from another establishment for the meal.

This is a 2 star "resort" with tired, pathetic little cabins, no view and few if any amenities.

The cabins must have been built 20 years ago and don't seem to have much in the way of upgrades. The walls are paper thin (don't get a conjoined cabin whatever you do), the floor uneven and every step creaks, the gouges in the doors and wall speak of abuse over time, the beds are designed to encourage a visit to a chiropractor in the morning, etc. There is no air conditioning (only needed in the summer) and no fan. There is no screen door so you can't even get a breeze through it. No shampoo, no hairdryer, bath towels so thin you can see through them and the size of hand towels. The furniture is either the original or was bought at a dump. There were no hangers to hang your clothes. No tea or coffee. The kitchen table was sticky (with heaven knows what). The main door has only a chain, no deadbolt.

On the plus side, the kitchen had a working fridge, microwave, kettle and two burner stove top. There is a parking spot for your car just outside the door. The indoor pool looks OK.

For $140/night I expect something better than a Motel 6. On second thought, I have stayed at cheap hotels with a much better room and amenities.

The only thing about this place I liked was the restaurant, Madison's. Otherwise give it a miss.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank AmberK

Hello,
We are very sorry to hear about your past experience with Marble Inn Resort.
We have replaced the cabins with luxurious 4-star condominium suites earlier this year.
In each of our new suites, we have very dense walls to prevent noise from neighbouring rooms, all new hardwood flooring, specially designed beds to give customers the most comfortable sleep possible, remote-controlled heating/cooling systems, everything you require in terms of bathroom supplies, brand new furniture throughout, a complete kitchen with all appliances and dishes included, as well as your own personal patio to take in the surrounding area. We have worked very hard to transform this resort into what it should have been and hope you give us another chance to meet your needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Steady Brook
#4 of 4 in Deer Lake
Marblewood Village Resort
Marblewood Village Resort
#1 of 1 in Steady Brook

Been to Marble Inn Resort? Share your experiences!