“Thanks Darlene and Ken”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woody Point
Seaside Suites Gros Morne Newfoundland
Ranked #2 of 5 Woody Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed in the Lighthouse Suite and it was absolutely beautiful. We had two couples to the room and my wife and I offered to took the sofa bed. It was as comfortable as most nice beds in any good hotel. Darlene and Ken were very hospitable and did everything possible to make our stay the best. Woody Point is a beautiful quiet little village with beautiful scenery. I would recommend Seaside Suites to anybody.

Room Tip: You can hear the water under the rooms in the over the water suites. Very relaxing.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hammerhead_11
SeasideSuites, Owner at Seaside Suites Gros Morne Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thanks so much folks for staying with us and taking the time to offer a review. So glad you had a great time. And enjoyed the fishing on the town wharf!! I am late in responding, sorry. My new resolution is to be more prompt in my thank you's and to also offer responses if someone had a concern or was disappointed in some part of their stay. Hope that doesn't happen though! I lay awake at nights, hoping my guests are having a memorable experience and I have thought of everything that they might want or need. Really!! I do...ask Ken :)
Take care folks and hope to see you again sometime

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Everything everyone said about this place is true. I honestly do not think that any other place can compare if you take all aspects into account. The spacious quarters, the quality of their furnishings , the cleanliness, the manner in which one is welcomed-the fireplace lit, candles etc. You do not need to book anything in advance in terms of the area. Darlene and Ken are amazing. Professional innkeepers to the max! It is simply a slice of heaven !

Room Tip: some people prefer the rooms over the water. There is no inferior room.We stayed in the newer one a...
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We used Woody Point as our base for exploring Gros Morne National Park, and I am so glad to have found Seaside Suites! The over the water suites (Gros Morne suite and Tablelands suite) were not available for the dates I want, so we were booked into one of the Wharfside suites, which is attached to the office/gift shop/deli. Although we were not directly on the water, we still had a great view of Bonne Bay, and being right across from the water taxi/BonTours dock, it was super convenient.

We couldn't have asked for better hosts than owners Darlene and Ken. We were made welcome immediately and Ken gave us a tour of our suite, suggested things to do, places to eat. Darlene can help you book your boat tours through Bon Tours and probably answer any and all questions you have about things to do in Gros Morne. It's always a plus to have super knowledgeable hosts!

Our suite was absolutely amazing. It was like staying in a 5-star hotel, but even better because of the service we got, the location, setting, and private entrance. Our suite, the Sand Dollar, was tastefully decorated and not a single detail was missed by Darlene and Ken. A kitchenette allows you to cook dinner if you wish, and we had a single serve Keurig coffee maker, a mini fridge, cook ware, hot plates, pans, bar ware, etc. Although my husband and I typically like to cook breakfast in the morning whenever we can while on vacation, we took advantage of the "breakfast on the deck" room service every morning. You do have to pay for it as Seaside Suites is not set up as a B&B, rather, it's more of a cottage/suite rental, but the prices were reasonable...I just loved the pancakes and homemade bread! You fill out a form with what you want the night before, drop it in the box before a certain time, and Darlene and Ken will bring your fresh, hot breakfast with a smile the next morning.

Back to the suite...we had a large flat screen TV, modern electric fireplace (Very pretty and romantic!), huge king sized beds with comfy sheets, reclining chair, washer/dryer (which is SO convenient! Next time I will pack less and do laundry when I stay here), among other contemporary furnishings. The bathroom had a huge soaker tub, and bubble bath is provided, along with some decorative candles that flicker like real ones! I had a couple of super relaxing baths during my stay. The shower is huge, and the bathroom in general is very well done. Like I said, nothing was missed when Darlene and Ken had these two new suites constructed!

We enjoyed dropping by the gift shop and deli next door from time to time, these are also run by Darlene and Ken. They serve some pretty tasty sandwiches!

We could have asked for a better place to stay while in the Gros Morne area. Our hosts were absolutely amazing, and I was a little sad to leave when checkout time came. We will stay here again without hesitation when we come back to Gros Morne. I highly recommend you stay here! Just remember to book early, as the suites are very popular, and next time I would book early to secure an over the water suite, even though the Wharfside suite we had was amazing!

Thanks Darlene and Ken for a memorable time in Gros Morne!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karman T
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We arrived in Woody Point from St. Anthony to the most friendly, welcoming host and hostess and the utmost spectacular accommodation of our trip. Darlene has done it completely right! We stayed in the Gros Morne Suite - identical to the Tablelands Suite right beside. The suite is beautifully appointed - oversized walk in ceramic shower and lovely brand new soaker claw foot tub...VERY comfortable Queen bed, with a large sitting area, kitchenette, and balcony right on Bonne Bay. Darlene and Ken are above the requisite gracious hosts. We asked about a BBQ as we'd seen it in the pictures on-line. It arrived just minutes later so we could make our dinner. The kitchen is equipped with everything a traveller could want, including a Kuerig with choice of coffees! The view is spectacular, the company of the hosts wonderful, and the suite itself definitely upscale. We also talked to Darlene's cleaning staff - very friendly Newfoundlanders were a delight to engage with. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer. Next time!!

Room Tip: While I'm sure all the rooms are just as well appointed, we really liked being right ON the wate...
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We had one of the new suites, which are across the main street from the water. The view is unobstructed, but sitting at the roadside front porch is less inviting than at one of the over-water suites. Next time I would go for one of those, but there was no vacancy when I booked.

Darlene and Ken were very friendly and welcoming, and made us feel at home. The café is a good resource to pick up a cinnamon roll for breakfast, since breakfast is not included at this business. Light lunch items are available also. The new suites have many great amenities, including laundry and basic kitchen, and a luxurious bathroom.

For the price, I was a bit let down by the roadside location, but the suite and its amenities were top notch, and the hospitality shown to guests is charming.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

If you visit Gros Morne national park in Newfoundland you must stay at Seaside Suites (Woody Point). The hosts (Ken & Darlene), made us feel at home from the moment we got there. Our suite was right over the water and the view couldn't be beat. They thought of everything to make our stay special...even had a fishing rod so you could fish right off of the back deck. Great viewss and wonderful breakfast. Be sure and get one of the 2 suites that are right over the water. Expensive for the area but worth every penny!. Stay there...you'll love it too!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We chose this accommodation due to the great reviews and right from the first email from Darlene, it was clear that they excel at customer service, with warm welcoming words and loads of useful info on dining and location.

The suite (Lighthouse Suite) was on the water, as promised, with a waterside deck (the road side location might be a little off-putting at first, but the rails around the deck are high enough for privacy and the road, indeed the own, is quite quiet). The suite itself is impeccably furnished with ample living area seating, kitchen facilities and a huge comfy bed. You can sip wine in a deck chair, looking over Bonne Bay north towards Gros Morne while the sun sets, and Darlene and Ken have BBQs available so you don't have to eat out if u feel like appreciating the view longer.

There are some cafes, bars, and eateries, as well as a general store, just down the road (walking distance), and the Seaside Deli is just across the street. We had room service breakfast sandwiches both mornings, yum, and took a deli sandwich when we hiked Gros Morne mountain.

We will definitely come back!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Gros Morne National Park
Sugar Hill Inn
Sugar Hill Inn
#2 of 4 in Norris Point

Been to Seaside Suites Gros Morne Newfoundland? Share your experiences!