“Good food, friendly service”

The Old Loft Restaurant
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2014

We actually ate here twice while staying in Woody Point, and it was great both times. The food is very "home-style" and it's one of the few places we ate in Newfoundland where you could actually get a decent salad.

I've seen a couple reviews about the service being unfriendly but I have no idea what they're talking about. Everyone was great with us, and the second time they saw us we had a nice long chat with our server. They took our order right away, refilled the water without asking, and were super-friendly.

They make very local, traditional food, which was familiar to me from the Newfoundland side of my family, and I really enjoyed it.

Price wise it seemed a bit steep, but then again, food is expensive here, and it wasn't out of line with other places we ate while on vacation. We both had a salad to start, a main, a beer, and split a desert; price came to $60-$80 after tax and 20% tip (yeah, the service was that good).

I'd certainly go there again the next time I'm up that way.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

We ate dinner here while visiting Gros Morne Narional Park and had a fabulous meal. My husband oredered the cod dinner and declared it the best fish ever. It was fresh local fish simply pan seared and excellent. Their house salad was delicious as well! I wish we could have gone back the next day to try the moose meat pie!

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Had lunch today at this wonderful NL restaurant while spending a few days in Gros Morne National Park. Two of us had the moose meat pie and one had the cod au gratin with toutons. Absolutely wonderful, high quality food and excellent preparation at a reasonable price. A must visit after hiking the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Tablelands.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

The loft is gorgeous... cool barrel chairs and beautiful floors, walls, and tables. the restaurant is on the second floor overlooking Bonne Bay. Very nice view from outdoor deck seating. Food was great... fresh haddock and fishcakes . Next to the dining room there is a beautiful display of handmade quilts and other artwork for sale. There's also a store downstairs with tons of crafty items and souvenirs .

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We were in Woody Point for a few hours and had lunch at this place. Nice loft space with barrel chairs. The food was good. Had a salad and a piece of moose pie - the pie was delicious.

1  Thank parjatak