“Such a memorable stay”
Review of Wild Caraway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Advocate Harbour
Wild Caraway
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Over a year and plenty of hotels later this is still one of our most favourite. The town is very beautiful, you feel like you have the place to yourself, the people that love here are very lucky. Of course, we ate every meal at the wild caraway and each was fabulous. If you are in Nova Scotia, try and get at least one night here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AuTravellers

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The 4 of us booked both upstairs rooms. We had comfortable beds and a great view of the Harbour. There was a coffee brewer, hot water pot, refrig and stocked with everything. We arrived early enough to eat our evening meal there. The food was excellent. The service was friendly and prompt. We were served some complimentary treats and I don't think that is unusual in this unique restaurant. The owners were friendly and since they had no renters the next day (they were closing for the season) they let us stay as long as we wanted which was nice because our next B&B was Upper Economy. I would love to stay here again and longer visit. As another reviewer said you may need to bring a splitter or power strip if you have cpap machines like we do.

Room Tip: The blue room was a little larger and had a sofa. The smaller room was cozy and comfortable. Both...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank DonnaSebr
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Three times a year I make the 10 hour drive from Brunswick, ME to Advocate Harbour for the scenery and the food. Since 2009 I have eaten close to 50 meals at the Wild Caraway and never had a bad experience. If your idea of a good meal is an assembly line plate at a franchise, then the Wild Caraway is not for you. If you like great food using fresh components in an innovative way, artistically presented, you can not do better than the Wild Caraway.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed 31 August 2013

So, after months of anticipating a great meal at this restaurant, the four people in my party were disappointed. I am surprised by the high ratings on tripadvisor.

PROS - Decor is nice, staff are friendly. Nice quiet location. They gave us a little coconut ball thingie instead of the usual mint after supper.

CONS - Ordered beers and wine. Did not recieve the drinks until after our appetizers arrived.

Appetizer - Calamari - Terrible. Batter was tasteless and the squid was undercooked (or possibly overcooked...very rubbery)
Deep fried battered green beans - Not good. Should have known better i guess.

Main courses - Steak and some kind of wrap thing with swish chard in it. Steak was tasty and cooked to my liking. The wrap was too strange for me.
Seafood Pasta - Absolutely terrible. Should have sent it back, but put it in a take out container to see if our neighbour at home would eat it. He wouldn't. Strong fishy taste.
Halibut steak with hodge podge - No complaints from my buddy.

For a restaurant that has such a high rating (and prices), I would expect the serving staff to at least serve food to the ladies first and come around the table to ask if things were ok. Had a hard time getting a second beer because the waitress wouldn't come around.

Our two meals with tip was 87 dollars. Too much money for what it is. We will not return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Last year we discovered this restaurant during our Nova Shores kayaking adventure. This year we could hardly wait to get there again and it did not disappoint. The Wild Caraway is a five-star quality dining experience. This year I photographed every course. Every one a work of art!

From appetizers to dessert the food is absolutely delicious, delicious, delicious. I am right now imagining the best seafood pasta I've ever had. I recommend trying a few appetizers and relaxing between courses. The local flare of the cuisine and the creative combinations are so worth it. The wine list also offers local delights and pairs nicely.

For two years my daughter and I have traveled to Wild Caraway for a special birthday dinner before kayaking. And I do mean - traveled! It's an eleven-hour drive to this wonderful place. Hopefully we will be back next year.

The restaurant itself is cozy, comfy and adorable. The staff is beyond description - accommodating, friendly, knowledgeable, and fun. It is a total experience...not to be missed. If we lived anywhere closer we would be there all the time!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Wild Caraway

We stayed 3 nights in Wild Caraway. This is an old home with lots of character. A nice mix of antique with some modern artwork. The restaurant is on the first floor and the 2 guest rooms are on the second floor. The room key is an old skeleton key that works just fine, and there is a chain on the door for added security. The blue room has a queen sized bed, a sofa and a soft easy chair that looks out over Advocate Harbor and faces Cape Chignecto.. The shared bath was quite large. There are toiletries such as shampoo, shower gel and brand new shower puffs provided, as well as bath robes. There is also a small room with a fridge, providing bottled water and soft drinks as well as coffee and fresh fruit. The room and bathroom were very clean. There are limited electrical outlets available, so if you have a lot of things to charge you can use your car charging capabilities or bring a power strip for added outlets. There is wi-fi. Surprisingly, you cannot hear anything from the busy restaurant below the blue room. When we read the reviews about the restaurant, we had very high expectations. This can always be challenging if your visions do not meet your expectations. I can tell you that without a doubt, the Wild Caraway did not disappoint. What Sarah and Andrew provide are amazing culinary skills with every morsel exceeding our expectations. Breakfast was a culinary delight as was each meal. There are very limited dining options in Advocate Harbour, thus we chose to eat dinner there each night of our stay.Who knew that the flowers on the bud of a pea pod or a chive were tasty and edible? These are used as garnishes to a few of the beautifully prepared meals with amazing flavors. My biggest issue is that the Wild Caraway , the first stop of our 30 day road trip has set the bar very high for future stays on our Atlantic Marine Provinces adventure.

Room Tip: The Blue room is slightly larger than the Red room. Bring a power strip if you have lots of elect...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank em-T-sails
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I stayed a night and really enjoyed the time we spent here. First and foremost the food in the restaurant is absolutely delicious!!! If you're lucky enough to spend the night here, I highly recommend getting french toast for breakfast, it is the best!!! Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, served with local maple syrup, home made raspberry compote and fresh whipped cream...spectacular! As for dinner, both of our entrees exceeded expectations, but the star of the show was the lobster pasta appetizer. If you're in the area this is a must eat location!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Evangeline's Tower Bed and Breakfast
Gillespie House Inn
Gillespie House Inn
#3 of 7 in Parrsboro

Been to Wild Caraway? Share your experiences!