“Cedar House always excellent, food, service surpasses expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedar House Bakery and Restaurant

Cedar House Bakery and Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Halifax, Canada
“Cedar House always excellent, food, service surpasses expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

An excellent, affordable meal with menu choices for the whole family. Baked goods are delicious, the seafood chowder best I've ever had (sorry Mom) and the friendly smiles and great humour always adds to the experience!

1 Thank Leanne B

Glace Bay, Canada
“Disappointed Regular Customer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been going to the Cedar House for many years, specifically since I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease. The owner has CD as well and has been in to my support group to chat about the restaurant. It is my absolute favorite especially the pizza. Was there in May and prices had gone up quite a bit but my food was wonderful as usual so I accepted that. Was there yesterday, for my birthday mind you, and my pizza had shrunk to about a quarter of its size. I could have cried when she presented me with this. I was told it shrunk 1" but there is no way. This was the same upped price ($20) and it was gross and minsicule. I thought the owner would empathize with this population and never do this to loyal customers. This loyal customer is so disappointed and had my birthday ruined because of this. I am looking to contact the owner ASAP please.

• Visited July 2014
7 Thank Capergirl91
Toronto, Canada
“Good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We came for dinner and had pizzas. They were all very tasty (even the one without the cheese). Although at first we thought we ordered too much, nothing was left on the plates.

1 Thank OrnaLavie
Cape Breton Island, Canada
“One of the Islands Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Cedar House opened in 1984, and has been a favorite of mine ever since....the staff are wonderful, the food is awesome, servings are large, piping hot, and just the way you want them....my all time favorite is the Hot turkey sandwich....but everything else I've tried has been great as well.....two thumbs up for this place

• Visited July 2014
Halifax, Canada
“warm and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Food was excellent and portions were a good size. Having the bakery products on site made my mother very happy as we shopped for a few of her favorite things.
the staff were friendly and courteous always checking in and not rushing you.