“Black Fly Heaven” 2 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Black Fly Heaven”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I decided to take a drive to Dalem Lake this afternoon for some sun and fresh air. I got both but what I got more than anything was an abundance of black flies waiting to carry me away! It's such a beautiful location it's a shame that something can't be done to curb the fly issue. I lasted for about 20 minutes before they drove me out of the park.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank caperjim

Halifax, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice freshwater lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Spend an afternoon with the family in the water and sun. Small sand beach with lots of non-sand access. Can be crowded. 1 km trail around the lake for a good stretch. Picnic tables for lunch. Flies can be bad at times. No stores in the nearby area so bring anything you will need. Water is generally very warm. Lake has trout and is fishable.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Maclean1

Been to Dalem Lake Provincial Park? Share your experiences!