Located just off the highway on the edge of town with a great view of the lake, the Cabot Trail motel makes a great spot to rest after a day of driving. I pre-booked in March and was sad that I was not initially given a veranda room in the front. The proprietress did switch some things around to accommodate me (and my dog, which was why it was difficult to get me a premium room). The first room had a problem with the toilet and I was promptly moved to another room which also had a great view. I really appreciate her efforts. The room was spotless. The beds were a bit hard and there was some odd furniture (an old fashioned fold down sofa bed). The broken toilet room was a bit nicer but both were fine. She told me the specials for dinner and I was very glad I took her advice. The food was excellent. Steamed mussels, traditional fish cakes with baked beans, ginger cake with rum sauce - very dish was extremely well prepared. That meal was a high light of my whole trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under NEW Ownership in 2013 we are settled on the shore of the Bras d'Or Lake, this family run Motel sits on top of a beautiful hill overlooking the lake. We have a private beach and docking facility, and a heated in-ground pool. Our Cabot Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast and Dinner, with most seats providing amazing views of the lake. We are 5 minutes drive from the Village of Baddeck, and the Alexander Graham Bell Museum. A wonderful stop for two nights when traveling around the world famous Cabot Trail. We are a small, comfortable, CLEAN, family motel that specialize in making our guests feel at home. We are " A refreshing stop along the way..." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cabot Trail Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabot Trail Hotel Baddeck
- Cabot Trail Motel Baddeck, Nova Scotia, Canada