“Good motel, fantastic restaurant”
Review of Cabot Trail Motel

Cabot Trail Motel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Baddeck
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Located just off the highway on the edge of town with a great view of the lake, the Cabot Trail motel makes a great spot to rest after a day of driving. I pre-booked in March and was sad that I was not initially given a veranda room in the front. The proprietress did switch some things around to accommodate me (and my dog, which was why it was difficult to get me a premium room). The first room had a problem with the toilet and I was promptly moved to another room which also had a great view. I really appreciate her efforts. The room was spotless. The beds were a bit hard and there was some odd furniture (an old fashioned fold down sofa bed). The broken toilet room was a bit nicer but both were fine. She told me the specials for dinner and I was very glad I took her advice. The food was excellent. Steamed mussels, traditional fish cakes with baked beans, ginger cake with rum sauce - very dish was extremely well prepared. That meal was a high light of my whole trip.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a veranda ask for one at booking to avoid any disappointment.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Booked ahead of our arrival with the owner and she totally looked after us.
This location was perfect for the touring of the Cabot Trail and coming back a second night.
The restaurant closes at 20:00 so don't miss it if you come in late.
There is delivery by a local pizza place which is awesome.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I recently stayed four nights at the Cabot Trail Motel. I had an excellent experience. It is perfectly located for doing the Cabot Trail, just a few minutes from Baddock so close to shopping and restaurants but you don't have to go in town because they have a restaurant on site with GREAT food and lovely staff. I ate breakfast there every morning, dinner twice. I was very pleased with the food and the service. Rooms are clean and comfortable, I slept very well. It is not a fancy place, it is a family place and these folks make you feel right at home. I had a stick stuck under my car and the staff was kind enough to remove it for me, after teasing me of course which just made me feel I was at home. Great deal, great location, great people.....I highly recommend The Cabot Trail Motel. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MMOrse2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Cat was so helpful with our stay. Our room looked out on the beautiful water. We even had a call the next morning saying that our breakfast was almost ready! How nice was that! We were given great advice about the scenic Cabot Trail and the Bell Museum(a must to see) The beds were extremely comfortable. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

When you cycle it's always much more comfy to not sleep in a tent. And this bed was just amazing, I slept better than ever. Clean bathroom, free coffee and listening to some music on the TV made my day!!! Thanks Cathy and Tom. I really appreciate any help during my travels! <3

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Spent two nights at the Cabot. The owner and staff are absolutely terrific. Accommodations are just what you would expect......clean, comfortable and useable. Satellite tv, deck overlooking the lake and a restaurant for breakfast and dinner (although the owner did offer to make sandwiches for lunch as the weather was to wet to ride). This motel should rate serious consideration if you, family, groups are making plans in the Baddeck area. Tell Cathy you heard about it from the two motorcycle guys in the 30's with the plumbing and TV problems(minor problem happily resolved by the staff)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2013

5 of us stayed in 2 rooms over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and couldn't have picked a better place to stay! Rooms were very clean and staff was very helpful and great to talk with! The restaurant served turkey dinner and was just like mom makes. The meals were awesome ! We are already planning a trip over this summer on our motorcycles which they are biker friendly and have a laundromat on premises.Thanks for the excellent hospitality and great service ! We told all our friends. A++++

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank chevy90fxrt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baddeck
Silver Dart Lodge
#5 of 7 in Baddeck
Fair Isle Motel
Fair Isle Motel
#1 of 2 in Whycocomagh

Been to Cabot Trail Motel? Share your experiences!