We greatly our stay at this decently priced motel. Motels and Inns in the area can be quite pricy especially if you are planning on staying for multiple nights. This motel was extremely clean, rooms were a good size, and had a great view with a deck with comfy deck chairs to sit out and read and enjoy the view. The bathroom was exceptionally clean although a little dated(don't expect a spa) They had even opened our screen door prior to us arriving so that the room could be aired out. They have a very clean and good sized pool, and it wasn't overloaded with people which made for a nice swim with steps down into the shallow end for those that need the help. They offer coin operated laundry services in a small cabin which we didn't need, but I'm sure is nice for those travelling from further away. They have a nice restaurant with lovely staff. We ate two meals there, supper and breakfast. They had a decent sized menu, and good quality food. We found the breakfast a little pricy, however we do understand they are a seasonal place and need to inflate a little bit. (We did discover the Tim Hortons which was less than a 2 min drive up the road) Staff on all levels were extremely friendly and provided great customer service (including 10% off passes to the Graham Bell Museum) Overall great stay, nice genuine staff, family run, great place for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under NEW Ownership in 2013 we are settled on the shore of the Bras d'Or Lake, this family run Motel sits on top of a beautiful hill overlooking the lake. We have a private beach and docking facility, and a heated in-ground pool. Our Cabot Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast and Dinner, with most seats providing amazing views of the lake. We are 5 minutes drive from the Village of Baddeck, and the Alexander Graham Bell Museum. A wonderful stop for two nights when traveling around the world famous Cabot Trail. We are a small, comfortable, CLEAN, family motel that specialize in making our guests feel at home. We are " A refreshing stop along the way..." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cabot Trail Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabot Trail Hotel Baddeck
- Cabot Trail Motel Baddeck, Nova Scotia, Canada