“Good bang for your buck ”
Review of Cabot Trail Motel

Cabot Trail Motel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Baddeck
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We greatly our stay at this decently priced motel. Motels and Inns in the area can be quite pricy especially if you are planning on staying for multiple nights. This motel was extremely clean, rooms were a good size, and had a great view with a deck with comfy deck chairs to sit out and read and enjoy the view. The bathroom was exceptionally clean although a little dated(don't expect a spa) They had even opened our screen door prior to us arriving so that the room could be aired out. They have a very clean and good sized pool, and it wasn't overloaded with people which made for a nice swim with steps down into the shallow end for those that need the help. They offer coin operated laundry services in a small cabin which we didn't need, but I'm sure is nice for those travelling from further away. They have a nice restaurant with lovely staff. We ate two meals there, supper and breakfast. They had a decent sized menu, and good quality food. We found the breakfast a little pricy, however we do understand they are a seasonal place and need to inflate a little bit. (We did discover the Tim Hortons which was less than a 2 min drive up the road) Staff on all levels were extremely friendly and provided great customer service (including 10% off passes to the Graham Bell Museum) Overall great stay, nice genuine staff, family run, great place for the price.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cabot Trail Motel

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This place was beautiful. Great view from all rooms over looking the water. Room was large and clean. No fridge but had ice machine. They have a restaurant on site, didn't eat there but was convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Baddeck is a centrally located place to stay while touring Cape Breton. The Cabot Trail Motel is located very near the entrance to the Cabot Trail. Across the street is a gorgeous view of the water. The moon reflected in the water at night. Getting a room with a view is best, but parking will be a little tight in that area. The room was very clean but did not have a microwave or refrigerator. There was a laundry room on site, but they were out of detergent when I was there, so I had to go get some in town. The hotel had a restaurant that served breakfast and dinner, but the restaurant is a little expensive. There are several restaurants nearby, but all of them are a little pricy. The staff was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view for $10 more.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Located just off the highway on the edge of town with a great view of the lake, the Cabot Trail motel makes a great spot to rest after a day of driving. I pre-booked in March and was sad that I was not initially given a veranda room in the front. The proprietress did switch some things around to accommodate me (and my dog, which was why it was difficult to get me a premium room). The first room had a problem with the toilet and I was promptly moved to another room which also had a great view. I really appreciate her efforts. The room was spotless. The beds were a bit hard and there was some odd furniture (an old fashioned fold down sofa bed). The broken toilet room was a bit nicer but both were fine. She told me the specials for dinner and I was very glad I took her advice. The food was excellent. Steamed mussels, traditional fish cakes with baked beans, ginger cake with rum sauce - very dish was extremely well prepared. That meal was a high light of my whole trip.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a veranda ask for one at booking to avoid any disappointment.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Booked ahead of our arrival with the owner and she totally looked after us.
This location was perfect for the touring of the Cabot Trail and coming back a second night.
The restaurant closes at 20:00 so don't miss it if you come in late.
There is delivery by a local pizza place which is awesome.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I recently stayed four nights at the Cabot Trail Motel. I had an excellent experience. It is perfectly located for doing the Cabot Trail, just a few minutes from Baddock so close to shopping and restaurants but you don't have to go in town because they have a restaurant on site with GREAT food and lovely staff. I ate breakfast there every morning, dinner twice. I was very pleased with the food and the service. Rooms are clean and comfortable, I slept very well. It is not a fancy place, it is a family place and these folks make you feel right at home. I had a stick stuck under my car and the staff was kind enough to remove it for me, after teasing me of course which just made me feel I was at home. Great deal, great location, great people.....I highly recommend The Cabot Trail Motel. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MMOrse2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Cat was so helpful with our stay. Our room looked out on the beautiful water. We even had a call the next morning saying that our breakfast was almost ready! How nice was that! We were given great advice about the scenic Cabot Trail and the Bell Museum(a must to see) The beds were extremely comfortable. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple