“Beautiful grounds, nice view, comfy bed”
Review of Inverary Resort

Inverary Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Baddeck
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Beautiful grounds including two restaurants, a gym and pool, conference centre, several buildings housing guests and a main lodge. The view of the lake was beautiful and we dined at the Lakeside for a wonderful dinner, and ate breakfast at Flora's. We stayed in the main lodge, and our only complaint has to do with our room (116), our view was of the road and parking lot. We couldn't open our windows because of the noise from the parking lot and pub, and throughout the night we could hear a neighbour snoring. The queen sized bed was very comfy, and I think the hotel was very nice so if you avoid Room 116, it would have been a perfect stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Dear swim_bunn,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. I am glad to hear that most of your stay was perfect and apologize that you felt the location of your room was not suitable for you. We certainly would of been happy to move you, if requested.

All the best and have a fantastic 'short' week!

Reviewed 5 October 2011

My husband and I have been guests at this awesome resort for over 10 yrs on a

yearly basis ...It's the cozy ,country welcoming feeling that we love ...rooms,grounds ,staff and all it has to offer is top shelf for sure,We spent our 25th @ the resort and a worker came to our room with chocolates and wine as well as a card of wishes ... Back a few yrs ago when on valentines day we would come to the Inn for a great valentine pkg it rocked ,,,, Rack of lamb so good ,as well as the wine that was served ...see you in November as we will be at the Inn to see Mr. Minglewood as
we do
each time he is your beautiful resort/town

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Dear jbwilcox,

Thank you for your fabulous review and past patronage! I am glad to hear that that you feel that what the resort has to offer is 'top shelf'. This is certainly what we strive for. We also do our best to recoginize the special days our guests have while staying with us, whether it be a birthday or anniversary. With that, I am glad to hear we made your special day 'extra' special. We are also looking forward to Matt Minglewood and look forward to seeing you there. It should be a great time.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2011

My husband and I found this resort and the room to be very tired and old. Needs to be updated before we'd return again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Joanne W,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit and review. I am sorry to hear that you felt the resort was tired and old. We are continually making improvements to our guest rooms and hope you are able to enjoy these improvements the next time you visit.

All the best,

Reviewed 22 September 2011

This place suited our needs fine. We got a "rate of the day" special through an info centre, and thought that just over $104 for a room incl. tax and hot breakfast was great value. Our room was in the section across the road from the main resort, but on the second floor still had a good view. The room was your average motel room- bathroom was a bit dated, but was clean and comfortable - nicer than some of the others we stayed in on our trip for similar price with no breakfast. The "quick start" breakfast included an egg, toast, bacon, potato and juice - a nice change from the usual continental breakfast. We did a quick walk through the resort which was nicely landscaped, but did not use any of the other facilities.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Canadian_Explorer5
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

Dear Heidi_200,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. I am glad to hear that the resort suited you fine. Our 'rate of the day' specials we offer are very popular offer great value. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in Baddeck soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

I saw some reviews here that were not positive and I was a bit wary of staying here, but I did. Was very happy. I think some of the negative reviews stem from the term "Resort" -- this is a traditional summer resort, not a Four Seasons-type of Resort. I did find the rules around alcohol to be a bit odd (both at the restaurant and the pub), but I understand that it is a "dry" county (town?) and that they need to do things in a particular way to work with the laws.

Room Tip: There appear to be both hotel-like rooms and motel-like rooms. I personally prefer the hotel style.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank carlojo
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Dear carlojo,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. I am glad to hear that you chose to stay with us, despite some of the reviews you have read. In agreement and as you have pointed out, the rules we need to follow at the Inverary Resort regarding the serving of alcohol are a bit unique, as Baddeck is deemed a 'dry' village; with that, our pub is strictly for the enjoyment of resort guests. Other 'non resort' guests and local residents can also enjoy the pub, but need to purchase an membership. Not an ideal arrangement for us, but we respect the rules we need to follow.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I stayed one night at the Inverary Inn and were extremely disappointed. We arrived a bit later and called in advance to let check in know. Upon arrival we were treated very poorly, almost as if we were inconveniencing the hostess. We were given a room in "The Barn." We should have known by the name it wasn't going to be any kind of luxury room. The room was completely out of date and the ceiling was extremely low. The bed was not comfortable. We were paying $140 a night, and expecting something a bit nicer. This price did include a continental breakfast or a "quick start" breakfast, which was average. We will NOT be returning to this resort, and will NOT recommend it to friends. Baddeck is a beautiful spot and we will find better accommodations elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Dear HappyinHali,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. I apologize that your experience with us was not what you expected. I have passed along your poor staff encounter to our Front Office Manager and we both apologize the agent was not more welcoming. It is certainly not representative of the stellar service we strive for. With regard to your room, I apologize also. The 'Old Barn' is one of the original buildings at the resort and, therefore has a vast amount of history attached to it. We certainly could have moved you to a more desireable room if requested.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Enjoyed the Inverary Inn and the surrounding area. Service was good. Food just fine, The grounds are lovely even though I was there in the spring. I would stay here again and would like to go back for pleasure rather than business and in the summer or fall so as to more fully enjoy the outside,

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank darsie62
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Dear darsie62,

I would like to thank you for your review. You are most certainly welcome back at any time, for business or pleasure.

I hope you had a great summer!

Jamie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baddeck
Silver Dart Lodge
Trailsman Motel
#6 of 7 in Baddeck
Auberge Gisele's Country Inn
Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa

Been to Inverary Resort? Share your experiences!