Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MacNeil House(Baddeck)
Aberdeen Motel(Whycocomagh)
Fair Isle Motel(Whycocomagh)
View Hotel
Margaree Riverview Inn(Margaree Forks)
MacNeil's Motel(North Sydney)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe pubthe main lodgebeautiful resortcabot trailindoor poolgolf packagecape bretonpaddle boatslive musicdining roomnova scotiaoff seasonbit datedstayed two nightsbras d'or lakeweddingbonfire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our Nova Scotia Dental Association had its AGM meeting here last June. First time I had been to the Inverary... hope to return. The hotel is older in style but very well maintained. The grounds are very well manicured and the view across the lake is spectacular! Staff were also helpful and friendly. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TDakin
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you TDakin for your kind words! We were extremely pleased to host your associations's get-together and are glad you enjoyed it as much as we did! We are open year round with great events happening all the time, so we hope to see you back again very soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We booked into the resort for the New Years gala this year, to be honest we were disappointed. While this was very nicely decorated and staff very good it fell short. The meal would have been excellent if it was hot but it was warm at best and our location was not the best in the hall. I would not recommend sitting by the opening for the lower level as we sat most of the evening with our coats on. One of the staff gave us free drinks for our troubles but that is not the answer, close off the lower level or turn on the heat! Our room was #51 and it was very, very cold. The cold came though the door frame we actually put our food by the opening to keep cold. The room was not done up as well as 2 years ago. The bathroom floor was not cleaned with lots of hair on it, bed skirt which was not properly put on the bed. Very run down and it is such a shame!

Room Tip: Choose a room that is warm, maybe one with a fireplace.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnanovascotia
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for your review donnanovascotia. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations for our New Year's celebration. I am glad to see that your concerns were listened to and try as we did, we could not quite warm your area enough to keep you comfortable. We sincerely apologize for this and we are confident your next stay with us will be more enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you again. All the best for 2014!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We hosted our family reunion at the Inverary Inn in July 2013. There were 100+ attendees, travelling from all over Canada and the Netherlands. As the organizer, I worked with Audrey Faulkner for over a year ironing out the details. She was always quick to get back to me, answer my questions, make suggetions for activities and customize thier offerings to suit our groups needs.
Upon arrival, the catering manager Matt, along with Audrey met with me and gave me a guided tour of all the venues we'd be using, and reviewed any needs or concerns I had. Both were so very attentive and invested - dispite it being a busy weekend for them (I believe there were 3 weddings that weekend!). The venue offered a variety of price points for accommodations -which suited our large group. The food was amazing and served efficiently.
There was plenty of activities to keep our group busy - water toys, scooters, bike rentals, bonfires, boat rentals, etc. Our reunion occurs every 5 years, with the next one will be hosted in Ontario. The organizing committee for that walked away from the weekend a little nervous on how they are going to "top" us!
Bottom line - fabulous for a family gathering. Lots to do, beautiful location, stellar staff! Thank you!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review Alison S! We too had so much fun hosting your family from around the world. It's great to see the amazing effort you make to keep connected with family. Here at Inverary, we understand how important that effort is as well as anyone! We are very glad you chose us to host your event and we hope to see you again in 3 years!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our office had a meeting at the inverary inn which included an overnight stay. I can't say enough about the exceptional service we received. Matt and Audrey were fantastic! We did not have one problem. The hotel rooms were clean and the meeting room was perfect!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank C S
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for your review C S! We are very pleased you could escape the office for a time and enjoy a short retreat at our resort. It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to your next visit, for business or pleasure!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I spent a week with family and friends in CB and while I did not stay at the Inn, I did have the pleasure of accessing several resort services.

A lovely evening at the Thistledown Pub with girlfriends! We had fish n chips, bacon and Brie burger and pulled pork sliders, which we all split amongst each other. Very good food!

Birthday dinner celebration at Flora's with my parents who were celebrating their 71st and 72nd birthdays. Matt helped book our reservation and then served us during dinner, surprising my parents with a lovely dessert platter and coffees, on the house. The candles were a nice touch and my Mom was very pleased!

The other service that I accessed was the gym facility...trying to keep off those extra pounds from all the food I was eating! I paid a small amount to access the gym for the week I was home, but was quick to realize why it was so inexpensive! Very small room with limited equipment, no water, no fans, no TV. Free weights were limited...nice treadmill and elliptical, though. But I couldn't help but notice the garbage was not emptied for 3 consecutive days...I would not have noticed except for the orange peels in the garbage!

All in all, a lovely place! I think it is just great that the public can access the Inn and that these nice places to eat stay open past the peak season! I will return!

Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your review reddya. We are very pleased you enjoyed the dinner celebration with your parents. We were excited to have you, and I'm sure the company was as good as the meal!
We also apologize for the issues you encountered in our fitness room and appreciate your comments. With regards to fans, we do have an air conditioner in the room, but we will have our maintenance team inspect it to ensure it is in good working order. Your other comments will be addressed immediately as well.
Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you back for birthdays 72 and 73!

All the best,