This hotel was selected purely for it's location. The price was reasonable and the rooms seemed pretty nice.
We had a ground level room which had a walk-out patio, kinda cool. The room was nicely appointed. The wireless reception was also nice and strong.
We were lucky to find an online deal with this hotel where breakfast was free each day. I was glad it was free because it was alright, nothing spectacular, but good enough to fuel the fire for the morning. Toast (there was a gluten free bread too, which my wife loved, it was probably the best GF bread she ever had), eggs, bacon or sausage and tea with a juice. There were substitutions that could be made but I forget what they are. If we didn't have the free breakfast deal I would not have eaten here, the cost was a bit over the top for what you could select from.
This hotel served as a great base for doing the Cabot Trail drive. It allowed us to do the trail and the Skyline hike in one day with a lot of time to make many roadside stops at the shops and scenic overlooks. It was also a great location because there is a gas station not too far from it where we filled up and started back to New Brunswick.
The bathroom had your basic amenities and they were clean, the floor was clean throughout the room. Would I stay here again if I were planning the same trip? Yep.
All in all this was a good hotel at a good price. The staff were very nice and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MacNeil House is located in beautiful Baddeck on Cape Breton Island, sharing a 90-acre property with the Silver Dart Lodge. Whether you want to sit and relax on our observation deck while taking in the beautiful scenery and gorgeous view of the Bras d'Or Lakes or get active and take a hike on the walking trails, kayak on the lakes, or take part in our Cabot Trail Treasure Hunt, our goal is to help you build a better Cape Breton vacation. Relax, unwind and let our knowledgeable staff guide your Cape Breton adventure, the perfect starting point for your Cabot Trail experience. Our Taste of Nova Scotia approved restaurant, McCurdy's Dining Room includes a lounge area and patio. Enjoy your afternoons and evenings with our heated swimming pool, private waterfront, and forested nature trails. Variety of hotel rooms and chalets, open mid-May to mid-October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Silver Dart Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Dart Hotel Baddeck
- Silver Dart Baddeck
- Silver Dart Lodge Baddeck, Nova Scotia, Canada