My husband booked our room on a travel website. When we checked in they said those rooms have no view and would we like to upgrade for $15 a night. Glad we did our room was very spacious, with a comfortable bed, 2 very comfortable chairs. Bathroom was nice, with sink outside, which we like. Guessing it was recently remodeled.
Front desk staff were very helpful and full of suggestions on the area.
Outdoor pool was heated, but pretty cool the first day. The next few days it got warmer as the weather got hotter.
They had bikes and helmets that you could use, along with lots of playground stuff for kids.
They also, have an area down by the lake..be sure to check it out. There is parking, so you don't have to walk down the hill. Nice gazebo and dock, if you want to go for a swim in the lake.
You could walk to town, but we drove. Got a pizza to go and ate at the park area downtown by the lake. They have a nice walking trail along the water too.
Did eat at the restaurant one night. Glad we made reservations. A tour bus came in and they had most of the space. Service was slow, but friendly. Food was good.
If booking, I'd check which type of room, since they have many options.
Only suggestion, they should fix the doors to the decks.. They squeaked and banged. Felt bad for neighbors when we out in the morning.
If you are in the area, besides the Cabot Trail, be sure to go to Alexander Graham Bells museum. Who knew all he did, besides invent the phone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MacNeil House is located in beautiful Baddeck on Cape Breton Island, sharing a 90-acre property with the Silver Dart Lodge. Whether you want to sit and relax on our observation deck while taking in the beautiful scenery and gorgeous view of the Bras d'Or Lakes or get active and take a hike on the walking trails, kayak on the lakes, or take part in our Cabot Trail Treasure Hunt, our goal is to help you build a better Cape Breton vacation. Relax, unwind and let our knowledgeable staff guide your Cape Breton adventure, the perfect starting point for your Cabot Trail experience. Our Taste of Nova Scotia approved restaurant, McCurdy's Dining Room includes a lounge area and patio. Enjoy your afternoons and evenings with our heated swimming pool, private waterfront, and forested nature trails. Variety of hotel rooms and chalets, open mid-May to mid-October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silver Dart Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Dart Hotel Baddeck
- Silver Dart Baddeck
- Silver Dart Lodge Baddeck, Nova Scotia, Canada