We booked our stay via one of the provincial travel/tourist information centers, so we got a good rate that included a nice breakfast (either continental buffet, or a hot egg/ham combo). The staff was very friendly, and very helpful. In fact, we had one of those new flat screen TVs in our room (though why anyone would stay in and watch TV, I don't know). Also, there was a cozy fireplace (electric) in the room, which was a nice touch as the evenings got cool.
As others have said, there are a lot of lakefront facilities at the sister property across the street. We didn't have a chance to use them, as we only spent 2 nights, and it was too cold to swim. There is a very pretty Lakeside Restaurant across the street at Invenery which has very good food (though a bit pricey). The cozy pub is a comfortable place to hang out and listen to local musicians.
The only negatives were that the bed (queen) was a little mushy for our taste, and the walls are not very sound-proof, such that we could hear our neighbors turn on the showere, flush the toilet, etc. Also, you have to go to the property across the street to be sure of the internet (it was spotty inour room).
All in all, though, especially for the rate, and with everything on site and a friendly staff, we give this high marks. We'd love to come back in the summer, and use the lake services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Ceilidh Country Lodge! Our lodge provides comfortable accommodation for all types of traveler and we are pleased to offer each of them a complimentary continental breakfast! Enjoy stunning views of the Bras d'Or Lakes from our elevated property and a warm smile from our innkeepers and staff! Only a few minutes walk from the Baddeck village center ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Ebookers so you can book your Ceilidh Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ceilidh Country Hotel Baddeck
- Ceilidh Country Lodge Baddeck, Nova Scotia, Canada